March 02, 2011

Simon Says Stamp Challenge...A recipe challenge...Sweet!

Photobucket


Hey stampin' friends! Whoo hoo it's Wednesday...hump day...my fave day as we are half way to the weekend!!! It is also Simon Says Stamp Challenge day! So many of you joined the DT call and coffe and cream colour challenge last week! Fabulous to see all your gorgeous creations! Well, we have another great challenge for you again this week! 

Recipe:
3 different types of Embellishments
2 papers
1 image


I hope you get some time to to stamp or scrap and can join us! Heidi is offering up another very generous prize up for grabs again this week!!! A whopping $50 voucher for the Simon Says Stamp Superstore!!! Just think of all the embellies, papers and stamp you can buy with that!!!! Whoo hoo!

Photobucket
For my card today, I used the fabulous sketch that they have this week over at Friday Sketchers! I have inked up this Penny Black stamp called Sweet Thing...Mimi is so darn cute!!! I just loooovvvvee her to bits....she certainly is a sweet thing! I coloured her with my Copics, as per ususal. I cut the image out with my Rectangle Nesties and inked with Tumbled Glass Distress ink. I used 2 sheets from my BasicGrey Hopscotch 6x6 paper pad and American Crafts cardstock. I distressed the edges with my Tim Holtz paper distressing tool and I also stamped the stitching with my Kelly Panacci stitching stamps with Vintage Photo Distress ink. For the 3 embellies, I used ribbon/lace, scrumptious Prima Calcutta flowers  and BasicGrey Hopscotch painted brads. I embossed the Kraft cardstock strip with the Cuttlebug Argyle embossing folder. The sentiment is a Melissa Frances rub-on from the Little Girl/Princess Transfer Sheet.

 Photobucket
Here is the inside...I inked Mimi again and just coloured in the cherry on the cupcake with my red Sakura Stardust Gelly roll pen and I stamped the word sweet from Kelly Panacci stamp set and the word friend is a Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps sentiment as is the sentiment on the label frame MFT Die-namics die.  

Well, thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my Simon Says Stamp Challenge card! I really hope you can join us! Please head on over to the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog and check out all the gorgeous creations by all the other ladies! You are sure to be inspired!

Happy Hump Day!

Hugs,


17 comments:

Rach said...

Tara this is gorgeous so beautifully put together, thank you for joining us @ friday sketchers. hugs RAch xx

heidy said...

Oh Tara,this is fabolous!!
Hugs Heidy

Jo Nevill said...

Oh wow, this is so gorgeous Tara. I always thought these PB images were "too cute" but you have put a new perspective on them ! Just love all your fabulous details (as always) and how you have decorated the inside.

Hope you are well my lovely friend

Hugs,

Jo x

Jane said...

WOW!!! Stunning work Tara, such gorgeous colours and details and amazing colouring! gorgeous image! hugs, jane x

Riet said...

So beautiful card Tara,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Katy said...

Wow Tara this is a super "sweet" card!! (oh dear I'm no comedian am I?!) Love the layout and papers, delish! Hugs. Katy. xxx

Lorraine A said...

fabulous card Tara :-) I love this image and the papers and embellies are all perfect ,, I love the Prima Calcutta flowers,, on my wish list now ,,,, :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Georgia said...

This is so gorgeous Tara - the image is soooo cute! I love the flowers too and the distressed papers are lovely! :) Love, Georgia xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is wonderful Tara, love the cute image and all the fab details.
luv
debby

Heather said...

Hi TaraG, fantastic card, love the cute Mimi and you know what I think about how you combine papers - awesome!! Those fabric flowers are just scrumptious and your distressing fabulous.

hugs
Heather xx

Paula (PEP) said...

I love your colours on this - the kraft embossing is amazingly effective with that blue & pink & touch of mint green. I'm really falling for Penny Black's too. Love those stitching stamps of yours. These insides where you stamp the image are superb - it's gorgeous to have such a variety of insides & I never know which one you'e going to go for - such an educational inspiration.
Paula (PEP)

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Wow!! Terra so so SWEET!! I love Mimi!! The papers and fabric flowers you used are so FAB!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful creation, thanks for sharing!
Hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
http://pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/2011/02/march-kit-preview-day.html

Frances said...

Hi, Tara, this is a beautiful card. loved the flowers, your coloring and the design. Thanks for your kind and lovely comments on my blog. hugs. Frances
becreativebeyou.blogspot.com

Louise said...

Oh wow love your card
Louise xx

Louise said...

Oh wow love your card
Louise xx

Louise said...

Oh wow love your card
Louise xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails