March 09, 2011

Simon Says Stamp Challenge...Anything Goes Challenge + Unity Stamp Company...Sending love your way!

Photobucket


Happy Hump day, stampin' friends! This morning I have a card to share with you for our new challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp Challenge! But first, I want to say what gorgeous creations you all made last week for our fun recipe challenge! This week the challenge is Anything Goes...whoo hoo...love an easy challenge now and then and the Simon Says Stamp DT are also featuring the Unity Stamp Company! If you would like to share your Unity Stamp creations with us, we sure would love to see them but you can use any stamp that you like if you don't have any Unity stamps!

We also have a new teamie on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge DT...please welcome Melissa to the design team. We are so looking forward to seeing her gorgeous creations each week!

As always, Heidi has generously offered up a $50.00 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp Superstore as the prize for this weeks challenge! Why not join us! You just might be the lucky winner to get a crafty shopping spree in the Superstore and it is chalked full of crafty goodies!!!!



So I hope you can get some to stamp and join the Anything Goes challenge this week!

Photobucket
This is my first Unity Stamp card and I was a little nervous about making a card with this kind of stamp as I really LOVE cute people stamps and wasn't sure I could pull it off but I had a blast making this card!!! I am thrilled with how it turned out, as well. It is  so nice to created something when you've stretch outside your comfort zone. I started by making my card base with Kraft cardstock and gorgeous Prima Annalee 6x6 papers that I didn't even want to cut they are so beautiful! I used the fabulous sketch that the uber talented and sweet Rach designed for the Friday Sketchers Challenge # 144. I also distressed the edges of the cardstock with my Tim Holtz Tonic Distressing tool. Then I painted all the edges of the paper and the Prima flowers with Tim Holtz Crackle paint in Picket Fence.  I stamped the Unity Stamp image called Sending My Love on Kraft cardstock and decided to colour it with my Prismacolor Pencils. I have seen this done before by other stampers and love the soft look of it. Thought I would try it for myself and it was quite easy and I love the result. I will definitely be using my pencils more now! The stamp set comes with several sentiments and 2 little envelopes. so I  stamped one on kraft cardstock and cut it out and pop-dotted on the mailbox. It doesn't show up in the pic but I also added Sakura Stardust pen for some sparkle. I embellished with cotton lace trim, seam binding and Annalee Prima flowers with pink half pearls. The cork butterflies were punched with my Martha Stewart butterfly 3 in 1 punch

Photobucket
Here is the inside...this is another one of the sweet sentiments that comes in this set. More Prima Annalee flowers and butterflies!

Well, thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my Simon Says Stamp card! I really hope you can swing on over to the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog and take a look at all the gorgeous creations the DT has made to inspire you! Please join us this week as we would love to see your creations... remember anything goes!!!!

Happy Stampin'!

Hugs,
***Please Scroll down to see my other post for today with a Sneak peek at the new March release of Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!***

Thanks!

10 comments:

heidy said...

Oh Tara,there both gorgeous!
Hugs Heidy

Rach said...

Tara this is so pretty gorgeous colours hun.
thank you for playing along with my sketch @ friday sketchers. hugs rachxx

Renkata said...

Tara, such a sweet and amazing card.

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Tara.

Hugs Riet.xx

Paula (PEP) said...

I do love the combination of kraft cardstock with pencils & this is brillaint - iI pariuclarly like your little envelope & the pearls on theose little flowers plus the butterflies. Again the cluster of pearkls in the centre of the large flower is so effective & I like how you've vaired it with different shaped flowers on the inside but kept those gorgeous butterflies. Your colour combination is just stunning.
Paula (PEP)

Mandy said...

Tara your card is so beautiful hun, really pretty, those are my favourite Prima papers & flowers, love it
hugs Mandy xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Wow, Tara, I really LOVE your style!! I love the layout, the colors, and the perfect touches of pearls!!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp

Ingrid said...

What a very sweet card. These soft candy colors are great! And that little pop up card in front of the mailbox... so cute :-)
Hugs Ing

Lorraine said...

Your card is beautiful! Love the colors and your stamping/coloring on kraft (I keep meaning to try that, lol)!

Jacqueline said...

cute card!

New follower - i'm also Canadian - luv it if you checked out my blog and maybe followed back?
~ Jacqueline
Made by Jacqueline

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails