March 15, 2011

My Favorite Things...WSC Challenge # 10...A Best Friend...!

Photobucket
Just a quick post this morning to share the card I made for the My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club Sketch # 10 challenge! I just got this sweet A La Mode stamp called Wishing You Luck! I knew that I just had to have her as I am of Irish descent. My Dad is from Newry, Co. Down N. Ireland. I colored the sweet A La mode cailin (colleen) up with my Copics and gave her dark hair just like me. I am told that I look Irish quite often...mostly by those folks who know what an Irish cailin looks like,smile! I also thought I would add some cotton lace trim as I thought it gave the feel of a warm and cozy Erin cable knit sweater! 

Photobucket
I stamped one of the sentiments from the Wishing You Luck set on watercolour paper in Sepia ink an inked with Old Paper Distress ink. 
Photobucket
Here is the inside...Very simple. I stamped the A La Mode girl again in Sepia ink and I cut watercolour paper with MFT Die-namics Polka Dot Greetings Stamp and Die set and stamped one of the sentiments for this set. 

well, thanks so much for popping by today to have a wee peek at my card for the MFTWSC10 challenge!

Hope you have a stampin' great day!

Hugs,

7 comments:

heidy said...

Wow Amazing card!
Hugs Heidy

carole (TruCarMa) said...

GORGEOUS, Tara! Love how sweet & elegant you've made her. :)

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Owww another stamp I need to buy ! Absolutely stunning Tara, just love all your greens - gorgeous card.

Hugs,

Jo xxx

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Tara,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Alli Miles said...

Beautiful!!! Love everything about this card.

Georgia said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Tara! I really love the image and sentiment and pretty springtime colours! :) Love, Georgia xx

Paula said...

I love seeing how you interpret these sketches & your MFT images. This one just delights & gives me a kind of thrill - maybe it's because I love green. The way you've threaded that ribbon through the lace is brilliant & the lace itself makes me think of one of those lacey tops that ladies used to wear. I love these image insides that you do too.
Paula (PEP)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS