March 15, 2011

My Favorite Things...WSC Challenge # 10...A Best Friend...!

Photobucket
Just a quick post this morning to share the card I made for the My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club Sketch # 10 challenge! I just got this sweet A La Mode stamp called Wishing You Luck! I knew that I just had to have her as I am of Irish descent. My Dad is from Newry, Co. Down N. Ireland. I colored the sweet A La mode cailin (colleen) up with my Copics and gave her dark hair just like me. I am told that I look Irish quite often...mostly by those folks who know what an Irish cailin looks like,smile! I also thought I would add some cotton lace trim as I thought it gave the feel of a warm and cozy Erin cable knit sweater! 

Photobucket
I stamped one of the sentiments from the Wishing You Luck set on watercolour paper in Sepia ink an inked with Old Paper Distress ink. 
Photobucket
Here is the inside...Very simple. I stamped the A La Mode girl again in Sepia ink and I cut watercolour paper with MFT Die-namics Polka Dot Greetings Stamp and Die set and stamped one of the sentiments for this set. 

well, thanks so much for popping by today to have a wee peek at my card for the MFTWSC10 challenge!

Hope you have a stampin' great day!

Hugs,

6 comments:

heidy said...

Wow Amazing card!
Hugs Heidy

carole (TruCarMa) said...

GORGEOUS, Tara! Love how sweet & elegant you've made her. :)

Jo Nevill said...

Owww another stamp I need to buy ! Absolutely stunning Tara, just love all your greens - gorgeous card.

Hugs,

Jo xxx

Alli Miles said...

Beautiful!!! Love everything about this card.

Georgia said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Tara! I really love the image and sentiment and pretty springtime colours! :) Love, Georgia xx

Paula (PEP) said...

I love seeing how you interpret these sketches & your MFT images. This one just delights & gives me a kind of thrill - maybe it's because I love green. The way you've threaded that ribbon through the lace is brilliant & the lace itself makes me think of one of those lacey tops that ladies used to wear. I love these image insides that you do too.
Paula (PEP)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails