March 12, 2011

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge # 69....Anything Goes and Krafty Peeks...Love Story!

Photobucket
Hey Krafty gals! YAY!!! It is the weekend...whoo hoo!!!! That means some well deserved krafty time for me! What a long week at work and the weather is such a bummer. I can't wait for some sunshine! Well, thank goodness we have the new Kraftin' Kimme Stamps March releases to cheer us up! We also have another fun new challenge for you this week at the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps challenge blog. This week Kimmie has set the challenge...so....ANYTHING GOES!!!! If you join us for the KKS challenge and you use a Kraftin' Kimmie Stamp then you will be entered into the random draw for your pick of either Brigitte or Cap'in Charlie as featured on Kimmie's super duper cute cards for this week's challenge. So there is no excuse not to join us for some krafty fun! The Krafty Girls and Guests are also featuring more of the fabulous new stamps that will be available in the Kraftin' Kimmie Shop tomorrow, Sunday, March, 13th and don't forget tomorrow is Krafty Blog Hop day!!!!

Photobucket
Aren't the Everyday Girls from the new Annie Rodrigue Moonlight Whispers collection fabulous?! So,  for my card today, I am featuring sweet Lucy and she is doing one of my favourite things to do! Yup, if I'm not stamping and gettin' krafty I am curled up with a good book! Lucy is reading a love story but I prefer crime/forensic type mysteries...reading Port Mortuary by Patricia Cornwell at the mo. So, back to my card....I coloured Lucy with my Copics and cut the image with out with my Nesties that I think looks like an open book. I used the "out of the box" technique and then inked with Broken China Distress ink.  I used BG Sugar Rush 6x6 papers, the small open scalloped border is cut with my Die-namcis die. and I added some Prima flowers and American Crafts ribbon. I rubbed a Melissa Frances heart rub-on onto a Tim Holtz ticket and secured it with a BG Jovial Decorative clip.   

Photobucket
Here is the inside...I stamped one of the two sentiments that comes with Lucy and she also comes with a book accessory stamp.

Well, I hope you can join us this week for the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps challenge. Please swing by the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps challenge blog and check out all the fabulous cards by the Krafty Girls and Krafty Guests!  Stop by again tomorrow for the Krafty Hop and remember the all the new March release stamps will be in the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps shop tomorrow March 13th!

Happy Stampin'!

Hugs, 

9 comments:

Little K Smith said...

Oh this is a fabulous summery card! I love it! And a lovely sentiment inside too :)
Kelly.x

heidy said...

Oh this one makes me so happy
Hugs Heidy

carole (TruCarMa) said...

How delightful is this?! So many yummy details -- I could get lost in it, just as I do a good book. I can't wait for this stamp to come home to me!

Riet said...

So beautiful card Tara,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Unknown said...

How cool is it that you cut the background into the shape of a book Tara!! And as usual your choice of papers, flowers and colouring is perfect!! Xx

Lorraine said...

Ooh, love the new Kraftin' Kimmie stamps and your DT cards! This has got to be one of my favs!

Tracey said...

WOW!! This is AMAZING Tara!!

Brigitte said...

Thanks for comment, it really means a lot to me!!! I did notice the stamp with my name and as soon as it got out, I bought all of Annie Rodrigue stamps!!! I love this card and I think it's amazing how you finish both inside and out!!! I will have to try to emulate you!
PS: I'm writing on this post so I don't put my name twice for the draw.
Brigitte

Paula (PEP) said...

I love the colouring of her hair & the way you've used the red & blue colours - they're both quite scintillating & the use of different sized pearls is so effective. That BG pin is very pretty. I'm reading Tess Gerritsen at present - my elderly crafting friend Madge introduced me; normally I'm the archaelogical murder mystery type.
Paula (PEP)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails