March 05, 2011

BasicGrey Challenges # 39 and Magnolia Down Under Challenges # 86...BLOOM!

Photobucket
Hey stampin' friends! I am back this morning with another card to share for the BasicGrey Challenges and Magnolia Down Under challenge! This week at BasicGrey Challenges we would like to see "WINGS" on your card or creation and the challenge this week at MDUC is to make a Shaped card...no square or rectangle shaped cards. I hope you can join us at BasicGrey Challenges and Magnolia Down Under challenges! Please hop on over the blogs and see the gorgeous creations the DTs have made to inspire you!!!


As always, our wonderful sponsor for BasicGrey Challenges, Simon Says Stamp, is offering up a $25 gift voucher for the Simon Says Superstore! So many cute stamps, gorgeous papers and lush embellies to be had from the Superstore. 



Photobucket
I was happy to get to use my Silhouette Digital Craft cutter to make this flower shaped card! I am quite happy with how it turned out! I cut 2 of the flower shapes on my Silhouette from American Crafts cardstock and 2 slightly smaller flowers from Nook and Pantry 12x12 BasicGrey paper. The middle of the flower is a Nestie Circle cut with more Nook and Pantry BG paper. I matted with the green AC cardstock and I love how it just adds a pop of colour. I added a scrumptious seam binding crinkled double bow with a BG button and some hemp twine. I used this adorable Tilda called Tilda with Big Ribbon! I love that you can see her bloomers,smile! I added the Melissa Frances rub-on to a tag that I cut with a QuicKutz 2x2 die. I sprinkled some half pearls here and there and added some cork Butterflies for my wings!!!
Photobucket
To make the card stand up I made a score mark on the top of the petal of the back flower and added adhesive. 
Photobucket
This is the inside...I used a Magnolia sentiment from the You are So Special collection and I stamped it on white card that I cut out with the My Favorite Things Framed Greetings and Die-namics die set.

Thanks so much for stopping by again! I really hope you can join the challenges that we have this week at BasicGrey Challenges and at Magnolia Down Under Challenges!

Have a stampin' great day!

Hugs,


16 comments:

heidy said...

Wow Tara,there all gorgeous!!
Hugs Heidy

Renkata said...

Hi Tara, love the shape of your card , very unique.
Great layout dear.

Lorraine said...

Love your cool shaped card and your coloring of little Tilda!

Riet said...

So beautiful card Tara,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Kirsty said...

Hi The shape is so different and gorgeous. Loving the choice of papers and Magnolia is perfect, Totally inspired Thanks Kitty :)

Kirsty said...

Hi The shape is so different and gorgeous. Loving the choice of papers and Magnolia is perfect, Totally inspired Thanks Kitty :)

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous Tara! Love the fun shape!

Debbie Pamment said...

LOVE this shape Tara - it's just faculous!!! Stunning card as always!
xXx

Janine - Ellabella said...

Wow great shape-card! It´s stunning! Janine

Rach said...

tara hun this is gorgeous, love the shape that you have used, and that seam binding look delish all crumpled.. hugs rachxx

Lou said...

Hi! just love this card Tara,the shape is lovely and Tilda looks sweet just sat there- so gorgeous!!
hugs Lou.xx

Paula (PEP) said...

I love those cork butterflies & your "here & there" pearls & I agree about the green - amazing effect but I suppose it is the complimentary of red underpinning the pink/peach tones). Love the sentiment with her bloomers & the bloom shape - great fun. The inside is great too - the butterfly draws my eye - but maybe that's bacuse I've been using butterflies this afternonn!
Paula (PEP)
PS - shall hunt for some BG at the Artstamps Wales craft show next week!!

dining tables said...

What a very unique card this is! I am so impressed with the whole idea. Very beautiful!

xxxtglxxx said...

So pretty and so unusual! :)

Gorgeous image and a really great shaped card.

hugs

xxalisonxx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is so pretty and I so love that shape, thanks for sharing!
thanks for visiting the Pixie blog and for the shout out too, good luck!

Julie said...

Hey Tara - this is such a beauty!! Love your flower shape and the papers and colours together are yummy with the ever lovely Tilda!! Hugs, Juliexx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails