March 08, 2011

My Favorite Things...WSC Challenge # 9...Fairy Good Day!

Photobucket
I have a card to share today that I made on the weekend for the My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club Challenge with sketch # 9.  I used this sweet PI Girlie from the set called Believe in Magic. She is super cute! These PI girls remind me of my friend's daughter, so I will give this card to Gracie for her upcoming Birthday. I paper pieced her fairy dress and coloured the rest of the image with my Copics. I added Glamour Dust to the wings, tights, and her wand. I teamed it up with this pretty paper by Best Creations Inc. called Safari Girl. This paper is also prefect for a spring, Easter or baby card. The ribbon is from my stash and the pearls are from the Dollar store. I also used my Viva Decor Ice White Pearl pen to add some little wee pearls to the centre of the flower in her hair, the centre of the flower on her dress and to her shoes. I just saw that Heidi has Vivia Decor pearl pens in the Simon Says Stamp Superstore....check them out here

Photobucket
I had to move the sentiment banner as it didn't work for me on the other side, as per the sketch. I stamped it on some old World Wind cardstock that I had in my stash from my scrapbooking days...great for sentiments as it is smooth and it was a great match. 
Photobucket
Here is the inside....I stamped the wee PI fairy girl again and I used a sentiment from another PI set called Something Special Just for You!

Well, thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my card! Not sure I made the challenge in time, as I left it to the 11th hour to upload it to the WSC gallery on SCS and then it was taking forever to load the image, oh well, I am still very happy with how my card turned out!

Have a  stampin' great day!

Hugs,

6 comments:

Lorraine said...

Wow, what a beautiful pastel/spring colored card! Love the design and that adorable image (oh and the glitz) too!

heidy said...

Oh Wow Tara,your girlfriends daughter is gonns luv this,its gorgeous
Hugs Heidy

Paula (PEP) said...

A stunning bit of paper piecing to get that flower on her dress where it is - really makes it jump out at you & the way you've added the pearl there. The colours are brilliant. It's delightful how the you've got diagonal stripes on the image panel with the checked pattern going one direction on the front & the opposite inside. I always like your stamped image insides too.
Paula (PEP)

Kelly Schelske said...

How cute is she!! Love the spring like colors...sure hope Spring arrives soon!!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Tara, fab image and details.
luv
Debby

Riet said...

Beautiful card Tara,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails