February 26, 2011

MFT March Guest DT...Dimension with Die-namics & WSC #8...Happy Bird-day!

Photobucket
Hey stampin' friends! I am back to share a card I made for the My Favorite Things March Guest DT contest and I also used the great sketch that they have this week for the Wednesday Stamp Club challenge...sketch #8...haven't missed a WSC challenge yet...whoo hoo! Hope I can keep it up! This month the GDT contest is to create Dimension on your card with MFT Die-namics dies. So, I saw a video about a new product called filter paper shapes by Fancy Pants and how to use it! It looks really cool but I figured I could make my own cute dimensional floral embellies by cutting some coffee filters with my Die-namics and Nestie dies and spritzing them with Glimmer Mist. I used my Die-namics Perfect Petal Trio die set and Nestie Blossom dies and cut several layers of coffee filters as it needs the thickness to get a nice clean cut. I spritzed with Candy Apple and Hula hoop Glimmer Mist and crinkled and puffed them up. I made my card with American Crafts cardstock and I used this gorgeous Be Mine paper by Echo Park Paper Co. again...hope you're not too sick of seeing it!

Photobucket

I also used the Die-namics Textile Rectangle die and stamp set and the Simply Scallops border die. I bent up the edges of the scallops to give it a little more dimension. I added some pearls and bling and pin satin ribbon and bow. The sentiment is from my new PI set, You're So Tweet, that I bought with my $20 winnings from Wednesday Stamp Club challenge #4...YAY!!!! 


Photobucket
Here is the inside...I used the PI girlie and her tweet little friend and stamped them in London Fog Memento ink...love it! I used the The Die-namics Framed Greeting Die and Stamp Set and stamped one of the other sentiments from the You're So Tweet PI set.

Well, thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my card! Keeping my fingers crossed that march is my lucky month...and that I get a chance at the MFT GD spot!!!! 

Have a stampin' great day!

Hugs,

7 comments:

Michele Boyer said...

This is gorgeous, Tara! I LOVE those pretty flowers!

Ellen said...

This is amazing Tara, I love the details specially the flowers!

Hugs,
Ellen

Melody said...

This is amazing Tara!! I just love how the flowers look! I have been wanting to experiment with different materials with the flower dies. Thanks for the inspiration!

Renkata said...

Very chic card Tara, great combination of colours.

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Tara.

Hugs Riet.x

Paula (PEP) said...

All the best with the MFT GD spot - those flowers are amazing. I particularly like the way you've used the image on the inside with words as the focal point on the front - so effective with the music notes & the way you've placed the ribbon. the spots are striking as is your use of London Fog - very different.
Paula (PEP)

Lorraine said...

Your card is beautiful and I love the hand made flowers! Good luck with the MFT GD call!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails