February 23, 2011

Simon Says Stamp Challenge...Coffee and Cream colour challenge and Whiff of Joy...Miss you a Latte!

Photobucket

 Hey crafty friends! Time for another fun challenge at Simon Says Stamp! Good to see that you all enjoyed the "make your own embellies" challenge last week! This week we have a fun colour challenge for you Coffee and Cream! The DT are also featuring Whiff of Joy Stamps this week, if you would like to share your Whiff of Joy creations with us, you are more than welcome but you don't have to use a Whiff of Joy image, just the colour combo!

EDITED: I neglected to mention that we are having a DT call as well with this challenge! The Simon Says Stamp Challenge DT is the bestest DT in blogland,smile! Are you interested in joining us!? Well, just add DT after your name when you link up your card or creation for this challenge! You would be required to make a card/creation for our weekly challenges and join in the commenting rota. In return you will receive regular sprees to the Simon Says Stamp Store where you can choose the items you need for upcoming challenges.


We also have a very generous prize again this week offered by Heidi for the Simon Says Stamp Superstore...$50.00, Whoo hoo! The store is full of Whiff of Joy stamps and oodles of other fabulous crafty goodies. So even more reason to join us!

We also have new super talented member of the DT joining us! Please welcome Dawny P to the Simon Says Stamp DT! We are so thrilled to have her join us and I can't wait to see all the gorgeous creations she makes to inspire us!
For my card this week I have used one of my all time favourite Whiff Of Joy stamps Willow with Hot Chocolate which you can find in the Simon Says Stamp Superstore! I followed the fabulous sketch #142 that they have this week over at Friday Sketchers and I really love how it turned out! I searcd for some coffee and cream papers in my stash and decided on to use sheets from my Crate Paper Snow Day 6x6 paper pad and a few other Crate paper sheets and some gorgeous chocolate Prima flowers in the centre of one of the flowers I used a gorgeous American Crafts Pearl Brad and I added a few cchocolate glittery pearls here and there. I coloured Willow with my Copics and I cut the image out with my Label 8 Nesties and inked with Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress inks with the Ranger Ink Blending tool and foam pad. I also cut out the sentiment, which is from a My Favorite Things Stamps A La Mode stamp set, with my Circle Nesties and Lacey Scalloped Circles Nesties

Photobucket
Below is the inside....kept it quite simple some more Prima flowers. This sentiment is from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Coffee Sentiments



Photobucket
Well, thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my Simon Says Stamp Challenge card. Please pop on over to see all the gorgeous creations that the DT members have created this week to inspire you. I hope you get a chance to stamp and get crafty this week and can join us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge this week!

Have a stampin' great day!

Hugs,


13 comments:

Kylie said...

Oh WOW Tara! This is stunning - utterly stunning! I love the colours and embellies :) And everything!
Big hugs
Kylie xx

Unknown said...

Stunning Tara love these colours together a beautiful card.
Chris x

Ingrid said...

Wonderful! Very nice and chique card, think because of the colors. Makes me wanna have a cup of Latte Macchiato right now... :-) Great work hun.
Hugs Ing

Lorraine said...

Ooh Beautiful! Love the browns, design, details and your coloring of that image. (It's one of my favs, too, lol)

heidy said...

Oh Tara,stunning card,beautiful colours!!
Hugs Heidy

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Tara :-) the image is beautiful and the papers, embellies and all the details are just perfect :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Renkata said...

Hi Tara,
ohhh wow she look very pretty in these colours.

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Tara, your colouring is fabulous I keep looking at the shine on her hair, love those glittery pearls don't know how I've managed to miss them in store lol
hugs Mandy xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Hi Tara,

This is GORGEOUS! I love the way you colored Willow's hair..fab!! Great sentiments too :) and fab flowers!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp

debby4000 said...

Absolutely gorgeous Tara.
luv
debby

Victoria said...

This is stunning beautiful work x

Paula (PEP) said...

Delightfully rich & opulent feel to this & I love the way you've made her hair just glow. The little touches of green just add a lovely touch of interest . the little lacey circle is a lovely detail for the sentiment & I do like that triple threaded ribbon - nicely different. Lovely touch with the torn edge on the inside too & I really like your use of the dark chocolate glittery pearls on the dark brown. Striking.
Paula (PEP)

Christine said...

Tara, your card is stunning! Love how you wrapped and tied the ribbon around your image. Have a wonderful day!
xoxo, Christine

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails