February 14, 2011

My Favorite Things...WSC Challenge # 6...Thank You...!

Photobucket

Hey stampin' friends! Just a quick post this morning to share the card I made for the My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club Challenge! I really liked this sketch # 6 as I don't normally make cards with just a sentiment as the focal point but it was fun to do something a bit different and actually a nice break from colouring up an image! I needed to make a thank you card and this sentiment from the Clearly Sentimental About Harvesting was perfect for what I had in mind. I used up some of the last bits of my fave Echo Park, Life is Good paper and I used some MFT Pink Stripped Twill and pink pearls from the dollar store. I also made a pink felt rolled flower using the Die-namics Rolled Flower die and My Favorite Felt. I cut the sentiment out with my Nestie die and left it in the die and inked with Tumbled Glass Distress ink. 

The other day when I was at Crop Circles in Peterborough, Helen, showed me this fabulous glitter called Crystal Glitter Ritz and explained how to use it to get the Burnished Velvet Crystal effect using a sheet of Scor-Tape. I knew instantly that I wanted to use it on this card. It was really hard to take a good pic to show how sparkly it is IRL! It also feels velvety smooth...hence the name Burnished Velvet. 

Photobucket
Here, I tried to take a pic that would show the sparkle but it looks and feels so much better IRL!

Photobucket
Here is the inside....I used this sweet PI Girl called Blooming Good Day stamped in Rose Bud Memento ink and again I used an MFT Die-namics Framed Greetings stamp and die set and the Burnished Velvet Glitter using the Crystal Glitter Ritz. 

Well, thanks so much for stopping by and havin' a wee peek at my MFT WSC challenge card!

Have a stampin' great day!

Hugs,

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh Tara this card is so sweet!!! Love the whole design of it!! That is my kind of card where no coloring is involved!! LOL That is my least favorite part! Weird I know as many like that the best!
Your papers are so pretty and the sparkle on the sentiments is gorgeous!! Love the look of it!
Hope all is well and have a great day!
:)Kathy

heidy said...

Stunning card,Tara!!
Hugs Heidy

Lorraine said...

Oh this is such a sweet card! I love the papers, soft colors and that little felt flower!

Carissa said...

Gorgeous card Tara. I won't have any excuse not to come to one of your classes now. Just found out that my sister is moving to Peterborough, yeah!
Hugs, Carissa

Paula (PEP) said...

The pink twill ribbon & your felt flower add such dimension & tactility to this , never mind the glitter - tremendous. Love the inside - you could almost turn the card the other way about (except for the fold!! & dimension) with the sentiment as the inside & the inside as the front.
Paula (PEP)

Kimberly Gajewski said...

So PRETTY, Tara! That technique that you used really makes this creation sparkle! Wonderfully done! :D

runzalot81 said...

What an adorable blog! New follower. I used your card for inspiration so I posted a link on my blog http://willrunforstamps.blogspot.com/2011/02/more-digi-stamping-lyb-and-popcorn-bear.html. Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails