February 07, 2011

My Favorite Things...WSC Challenge # 5...Make A Wish!

Photobucket
Hey crafty friends! I hope you had a great weekend! Just a quick post this morning to share the card I made for the My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club Challenge! This week is Sketch # 5....really loving the WSC sketches! Well, I will apologize right now, as I'm afraid you will be seeing a LOT of this gorgeous Echo Park Paper, Be Mine. I got this paper pack at Simon Says Stamp and I'm totally in loovvve with it....so gorgeous! So, I needed to make a birthday card for my Mom, yup it is her birthday in about a week and I knew this paper would be perfect. It is totally her style and I thought this A La Mode Birthday Girl would be the perfect image too go with.

Photobucket
I coloured this A La Mode Birthday girlie with Copics and I tried to make her hair the same colours as my mom's, he, he, he, that is a bit of challenge my Mom is a hairstylist and she has her hair a funky purply red colour. I cut the image out with my oval Nestie and left it in the die and inked with Pumice Stone Distress ink. I used my Jumbo Scalloped and Scalloped Scallop Die-namics dies. The sentiment comes with this stamp and I stamped it on a Nestie Tag with London Fog Memento ink and inked with Spun Sugar Distress ink. All the cardstock is American Crafts as is this scrumptious ribbon.

Photobucket
Here is the inside...I used one of the sentiments from the A La Mode Time to Celebrate set. 

Well, I hope you have a great week and maybe getting some stampin' time!

Thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my card!

Hugs,

8 comments:

heidy said...

Oh wow Tara,your mum will love this ,it's so amazing,I love it!!
Hugs Heidy

Renkata said...

Very chic card Tara.
Amazing paper and colours combo.

Jodi Collins said...

This is GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!!!

Paula (PEP) said...

I love the colours & your inside is a stunner. That image is really brilliant - so elegantly labouring under the cupcake & I love the way your serrated scallops & the ruffled ribbon pick up on the crenallated cupcake paper container - masterful that.
Paula (PEP)
Hope your Mum has an amazing day.

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous Tara! love the color combo and the inside is just as wonderful as the outside!!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

How cute is this! What a fun mix of papers and your coloring is lovely Tara! :D

Cina99 said...

Fab card - love the colors and the stamp is so cute :)

Thanks for your kind words on my blog :D

Lou said...

Hi! Tara ***happy birthday***,
hope you have a very lovely day!!
Such a gorgeous card,love too the fab colours-great design.
hugs Lou.xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails