February 12, 2011

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge # 65 and Krafty Peek Day 4...A List...You're Nifty!

Photobucket
Good morning krafty friends! Are you lovin' all the fabulous previews of the Kraftin' Kimmie February release as much as I am? I know, the Krafty Girls and Krafty Guests are ROCKIN' this release! So much gorgeous eye candy!!!! 

Well, it is Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge day and Day #4 of the Krafty peeks! This week the oh sweet Donna is our hostess and she has a list for us to follow...3 different colours, 2 different patterned papers, 1 ribbon and 1 button....great challenge, eh? Well, I really hope you can join us this week! If you do and you use a Kraftin' Kimmie Stamped image on your creation then you will be entered into the random draw to win your very own Joanie stamp as featured on Donna's stunning card!

Photobucket
Well, for my card today I have used the cutie patootie, Judy! I think she might be my fave but hard to say, cuz I really love all the 50's inspired images by Annie in this new release. I coloured Judy with my Copics and I cut her out with my circle Nesties using the out of the box technique. I embossed and left the image in the die and inked with Worn Lipstick Distress ink. I matted the image with the Lace Circle Nestie. The 3 colours I used, I picked from the 2 gorgeous sheets of paper from my MME Tickled Pink 6x6 paper. I went with pink, orange and aqua. I used some of this gorgeous shimmery and crinkly orange ribbon from my stash and a BG button tied with hemp twine. 

I picked up some really neat transparent Ultra fine glitter at Crop Circles in Peterborough the other day called, Crystal Glitter Ritz. I had an idea how I could use it on this card. I die cut the QuicKutz cherries to pick up on the cherries in the MME paper and cuz I think Judy is enjoying a cherry Coke,smile.  I also cut the round circles from a 5x5 sheet of Score-Tape and placed the cut out adhesive over the round circles cut from the pink cardstock. Then I sprinkled on the clear Crystal Glitter Ritz and "burnished" it with my finger. This is an important step to get the super sparkly and velvety effect of the Glitter Ritz. It is sooooo sparkly IRL and just adds a little extra pizazz to the die cut cherries. I added some Twinery Twine in Mandarin. I struggled to find the perfect spot for my sentiment so I decided to not add one to the front of the card and just added it to the inside...this sentiment actually comes with Fanny!

Photobucket

Well, thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my Kraftin' kimmie Stamps challenge card! Please hop on over to the KKStamps blog and take a look at all the gorgeous cards by all the Krafty Girls and Guests for this week's challenge! I am sure you will be inspired to join us! Don't forget to pop back again tomorrow, Sunday, Feb.13th as we have more fab previews, our Krafty Hop and all the stamps from the new February release will be in the Kraftin' Kimmie Shop!

Happy stampin'!

Hugs,

8 comments:

heidy said...

Another gorgeous one!
Love it.
Hugs Heidy

Tracey said...

Holy WOW!!! This is a stunner Tara!! I love it!! xx

Jenn Joncas said...

Fabulous card tara!! and look at you, a card with NO flowers!!!!! Your cards are gorgeous no matter the restrictions (:

Jenn Joncas said...

sorry I missed the capital on your name ):

Tash Daly said...

Another gorgeous card. Love the way you have coloured this image and distressed the edges so perfectly. It looks like you have airbrushed it. :-)

Georgia said...

Wow, I totally love this card and fab image Tara! The edging and ribbon look great and I love your gorgeous colouring and the cherries! :) Love, Georgia xx

Beate said...

Tara, how fun we used the same paper pack and image and still our cards came out so different.
I love yours! Love your coloring, layout and those darling cherries. Awesome card.
Hugs and smiles

Paula (PEP) said...

That mandarin twine is wonderful & I love the cherry idea & the way you echoed the iconography in the paper - I delight in associations like this. I like the way her hair comb is echoed with the lacey scallop borders too.
Paula (PEP)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails