February 19, 2011

BasicGrey Challenges # 38 and Magnolia Down Under Challenges # 84...Love Beyond Measure!

Photobucket
Good morning...back with my second post this morning...scroll down to see my Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge card! 

Today I have combined my BasicGrey Challenges and Magnolia Down Under Challenges card together! We have a fabulous sketch over at BasicGrey Challenges by the super talented and sweet Heather and at MDUC the challenge is Distressing!!!!

We are very excited at BasicGrey Challenges to say that we have 9 very talented ladies joining the BasicGrey Challenges DT it was very difficult to select the new members as we had an overwhelming number of talented entrants. We will also be having Guest DT members regularly so keep an eye out for that...it could be you! So please welcome, Angelique, Cathy, Fleur, Hanna, Jacqui, Julie, Liz Mieko and Sandie to the BasicGrey Challenges DT! 

For my card I have used Pyrus 6x6 Papers and various BG painted brads and buttons. I also used some World Wind cardstock that I have had in my stash forever and distressed the edges of the cardstock and stamped with my Kelly Panacci Stitches stamps.  I have also used this sweet special edition "Celebration Tilda" that I just love to bits. I couldn't resist getting her from creashop-duymelot. I have coloured her with my Copics and used the Toner Copics to tone down the Orange and Aqua so that it coordinated with the muted colours in the paper better....LOVE the toner Copics...so worth getting some for you Copic collection,smile! Then I cut Tilda out and pop-dotted her on the oval. I also used my Marianne D flower dies and QuicKutz leaves. The sentiments are Melissa Frances rub-ons and I thought the sentiment "Love Beyond Measure" would be perfect with Tilda as it looks like she is holding up her arms to say "I love you thiiissss much" just like my kidos did when they were little,smile. To finish it off I added some crinkled seam binding, cotton lace trim and tied the button on with hemp twine.
Photobucket

Here is the inside...I used another Melissa Frances rub-on, on a QuicKutz tag...the Cutie Patootie ticket is from Stamping Bella stamped on Kraft card cut out and inked with Vintage Photo Distress ink. 

Photobucket
Well, thanks so much for stopping by again this morning and having a wee peek at my card! I hope you can join us at BasicGrey Challenges and Magnolia Down Under Challenges! Please stop by the challenge blogs too and have a look-see at the gorgeous creations the respective DTs have made to inspire you!!!! 

Happy Stampin' and Happy Family Day Weekend!

Hugs,


27 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning card Tara beautiful colours, the inside is beautiful as well,
Chris x

Kirsty said...

Hi Love this colour combinations are just so different. Sentiments are gorgeous and the way you have put it all together is just awesome. Kitty :)

Fleur said...

Hi Tara, this is absolutly stunning, gorgeous flowers & papers
Hugz fleur xxx

Fleur said...

Hi Tara, this is absolutly stunning, gorgeous flowers & papers
Hugz fleur xxx

Chris said...

Absolutely beautiful Tara and your colouring is so gorgeous! Love all the wonderful details and colours too. Hope you're well, hugs Chris x

Paula (PEP) said...

I love the way you have muted the Copic colours to tone with the papers - I will have to get some BG!! Love the colours & the way you've used the lace & seam binding together with buttons (another note to self - USE BUTTONS). Thanks for all you inspiration.
Paula (PEP)

Marja Sch said...

Oh Wow such a gorgeous card. Hugs Marja

heidy said...

Tara,Another gorgeous card,love the flowers!!
Hugs,Heidy

Michele Roos said...

Such a beautiful card Tara. Gorgeous colouring of the image and wonderful details also. Hugs Michele x

DesignerDiva said...

Tara this is just sooooo special, the colour combination is out of this world - its right up my street I love it
Laurie x

Renkata said...

Such a happy colourful card Tara.
Beautifly decorated.

Ingrid said...

I think you already know I love this ;-) Beautyful work hun, just fab colors and embellishing.
Have a nice weekend.
Hugs Ing

Jo Nevill said...

Absolutely stunning Tara, just love Tilda and the BG papers you used. Orange must be "in" at the mo !!Love all your pretty details too.

See you managed to sort your post in the end ;o) !!

Hugs,

Jo x

Andrea C said...

This is brilliant x

Giò said...

WOW Tara dear!!! Let me tell you that I love your card!!! So happy and bright.... fabulous colors and fantastic details!!! I added a big button on my card in the same place of you LOL!!!!
We love buttons girl!!!!!!
Have a fabulous week end ^:^
Hugs, Giò

Lou said...

Hello!Tara i totally love your card,Tilda looks just gorgeous(such pretty colours)and i really love your flowers too!!
Very special and the inside too-Wow!
hugs Lou.xx

Heather said...

Hi TaraG, Stunning card - oooooh I do envy you your ability to put together colours and papers so brilliantly!!
Gorgeous Tilda and completely wonderful detailing.
Thank you for your lovely compliment, it's not true - I'm not really sweet!
hugs
Heather xx

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous.All the elements used are perfect.And your cars says it all " Beyond Measure "
Luv CHRISSYxx

Sharon said...

Such a GORGEOUS card Tara!! Love all the details, paper, flowers etc. The seam binding even looks like a flower too!

Sharon x

Kelly Schelske said...

So pretty Tara! Love those papers and the fab color combo!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous.
luv
Debby

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card, and fabulous colour combo. love all your details.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Riet said...

So beautiful card Tara,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.x

Georgia said...

Wow, this is so gorgeous Tara! The flowers are stunning, so vibrant and funky and Tilda is coloured perfectly, I love it! :) Love, Georgia xx

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Tara, sorry I'm a bit late with my comments hun, had a very busy weekend lol, I love your card hun, the image and your colouring is fab, what are toner copics?
Love your papers too and the gorgeous details, hugs Liz xx

Julie said...

Wow Tara, this is awesome!! Love the rich colours and papers and Tilda looks sooooo cute!! So many lovely embellies and beautifully decorated on the inside too! I'm so happy to be on the DT with all you awesome ladies at BG, thanks so much for the warm welcome, Juliexx

MIE(Mieko) said...

Thanks for the warm welcome.
I love this Tilda and the color combo you used.
Hugs Mieko

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails