February 16, 2011

Simon Says Stamp Challenge... Make Your Own Embellishments...Happy Spring!

Photobucket



Good morning stampin' friend! Glad to see you all enjoyed the anything but a card challenge that we had last week at Simon Says Stamp Challenge! So many gorgeous and creative projects!!! Well, this week we have another great challenge for you....Make Your Own Embellies....and the Simon Says Stamp Challenge DT have made gorgeous creations, once again to inspire you! 

We also have a fabulously generous prize from Heidi again this week! A Whopping $50 gift voucher for the Simon Says Stamp Superstore! Whoo hoo!!!!!


This week I used this adorable little Pure Innocence girlie called My Umbrella from My Favorite Things Stamps and I am on a wee bit of an Echo Park paper kick at the mo. Just can't get enough so I pulled out my Echo Park Christmas paper called Merry Christmas. I hardly touched this paper when I was making all my Christmas cards but this paper is so gorgeous and versatile that I thought it would be perfect for a non-christmas card. Well, not only is this not a Chirstmas card but a very non-traditional Happy Spring card...but I think it still works and I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Edited: I forgot to mention when I typed up this post late last night that I made this card following the great sketch that they have this week at Friday Sketchers # 141! Really love this sketch...definitely one to use again!

I paper pieced my sweet Little PI Girlie to have a totally co-ordinating rain set and I coloured the rest of her with my Copics! I cut the image out with my rectangle Nestibilites and I inked with Old Paper Distress ink.  I thought the music paper  from the Echo Park Merry Christmas pack was fun to use as this image reminded me of the song "Singing in the Rain"! I added some satin ribbon from my stash and for my "made" embellie I cut felt flowers with the My Favorite Things Flower and Leaf trio Die-namics die set and the Perfect Petal Trio Die-namics die set. I aslo used my MFT Simply Scallops border die.

Photobucket

I also added some BasicGrey buttons and some white pearls. For the sentiments I used 2 other My Favorite Things Pure Innocence Stamp sets....My Basket of Eggs and Something Special Just For You. The bottom sentiment is stamped on the die that comes with the My Favorite Things Polka Dot Greetings die and stamp set. 



Photobucket

Here is the inside under the easel card....I stamped the PI Girl, My Umbrella, again this time in Rhubarb Stalk memento ink.  I love the way this looks and I also stamped the "xoxo" from the PI set Something Special Just for You. 

Well, thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my Simon Says Stamp Challenge card! I really hope you can join us this week! Please pop on over to the Simon Says Stamp Challenge DT's blogs and see all the gorgeous creations they have made this week!

Happy Stampin'!

Hugs,

16 comments:

Ingrid said...

O, what a wonderful card you made! I love felt and I even more love your felt flowers :-) They are gorgeous, just as your stamp and sentiment. Always so much decoration on your cards, great.
Hugs Ing

heidy said...

Gorgeous as always Tara!!
Hugs Heidy

Jane said...

This is stunning as always Tara!!! gorgeous colours, I love her matching outfit and gorgeous flowers! hugs, Jane x

Renkata said...

Hi Tara,
great paper piecing.
Love the layout.
Hope in the spring will not rain a lot , hihihihihi

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Tara :-)I love these MFT images and the papers and felt flowers are fab ,, I love her brolly ,, beaufiful inside and out !! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Jodi Collins said...

This is simply STUNNING Tara!

Kelly Schelske said...

This is just gorgeous Tara!

Heather said...

Hi TaraG - stunning card, I love your little cutie of an image in her paper pieced clothes and accessories!!! Gorgeous papers and your flowers are fabulous!!!

hugs
Heather xx

Lorraine said...

Beautiful card - love the colors, papers, paper piecing & flowers!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is adorable Tara! Love the paper piecing! The colors are beautiful! :D

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card Tara and love the adorable image.
luv
Debby

Kim C said...

This is a really beautiful card with so many beautiful details! This is my first time at your blog and I'll be sure to stop by more often! Thanks for sharing!

Paula (PEP) said...

I love it when you stamp the image on the inside - it is so effective. That sketch works so well with the semi-circle echoing the umbrella shape too. The paper piecing is quite delightful with the whole co-ordinated look - really reminds my of a little girl dressed up in her waterproofs with a matching brolly.
Paula (PEP)

Valérie Goldenschue said...

Magnifique carte

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Hi Tara,

This is beautiful work! I really love the black/white/red combo...it really makes the red POP...and the felt flowers are gorgeous!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp

Kathy said...

Oh my what a work of art!!!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails