February 19, 2011

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge # 66....A Sketch by Elaine...Orange you a great friend!

Photobucket

Good morning Krafty friends! Hope you had a great week! We are having a long-weekend here in Ontario...it is Family Day on Monday!!!! Whoo hoo!!! I get the day off work and more time to make cards....oh and spend with the fam, of course,lol!  We have also had some glorious weather the last couple of days it was 11 degrees and sunny yesterday...loved it! I wish this spring-like weather would stay with us but I am sure winter will return, as expected. 

Well, we have another fabulous challenge for you over at the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps challenge blog! This week the uber talented, Elaine, has created a fabulous sketch for us to play with! I hope you can join us! If you do and you use a Kraftin' Kimmie Stamp image on your creation then you will be entered into the random draw to win the FULL set of the new Krafty Quotes #1 that Elaine is featuring on her gorgeous card! How fabulous is that!?

Photobucket

I soooo loved using this sketch that Elaine designed for us this week... definitely one to use again!  I decided to ink up Olivia Orange from the Berry Girls release! I teamed her up with papers from the 6x6 Cosmo Cricket Earth Love paper pad! I coloured her with my Copics, of course and I am actually really happy with how her hair turned out!!  I cut her out leaving some white around the image and pop-dotted her on a Nestie Circle. I added some cotton lace trim and sheer orange ribbon from my stash. I added some orange Prima Painterly flowers with green half pearls. I used the coordinating sentiment that comes with Olivia and cut it out with a Nestie tag and I left the tag in the die and inked with Spiced Marmalade Distress ink. 

Photobucket
Here is the inside....very simple I used my fave birthday sentiment from Kimmie's Everyday Sentiment set and I inked again with Spice Marmalade Distress ink. 

Well, thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge card! I hope you have some time this weekend to get krafty and join the challenge! Please pop on over to the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps challenge blog and see all the stunning creations by the super talented Krafty Girls and Guests.

Happy Stampin' and Happy Family Day weekend!!!!

Hugs,

7 comments:

Tracey said...

I am loving the orange!! This is gorgeous Tara!! xx

Paula (PEP) said...

The lace with that ribbon is glorious & I love the lacey orange layering outside the circle of the main image panel. Love the way your flowers pick up on the flower shapes in the patterned paper too. The inside is just delightful with that textured orange cardstock & the pearls you've used with the flowers - the right hand green is a gem! (if that's not a contradicion in terms).
Paula (PEP)

heidy said...

Oh wow Tara,that orange is stunning!!
Beautiful card!
Hugs Heidy

Kim said...

Another gorgeous creation, T! Haven't seen that paper yet....gonna hafta look for it at SGD! Have a wonderful long weekend!!

Lorraine said...

Ooh, your card is gorgeous! Love the colors, design and your coloring of the image! Even the inside is beautiful!

Kelly Schelske said...

Totally loving the orange Tara! Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Tara, this is just so gorgeous!! I LOVE the colours you have chosen. Beautiful work sweetie! Xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails