September 19, 2010

Exciting News and Magnolia Down Under Challenge # 64...Fancy Folds...Happy Birthday to you...!!!

Good morning crafty friends! I have some exciting news to share with you and I made my first envelope box for the Magnolia Down Under Challenge # 64...Fancy Folds!!! I made it with my Martha Stewart Score board and the fabulous tutorial that Annika did up on her gorgeous blog Another Messy Crafter. Hope my "envelobox" is not too much of a stretch for the Fancy Folds challenge...I know it is not nearly as fancy or complicated as the other gorgeous and intricate cards the MDU DT have created but I really wanted to play along!

Photobucket

So, my exciting news is.......I am one of the 4 new DT members for Magnolia Down Under Challenges blog...Whoo Hoo...I'm so super excited! What a fabulous DT and challenge blog they have!!! I am so honoured to have been picked alongside the likes of Camillia, Debbie Dolphin and Denise, 3 amazingly talented stampers!!! WOW!!! A total surprise for me and I am just soooo ecstatic!

Photobucket

So, I made this envelope box for a card I made a while back and have been saving to give to my friend's daughter on her upcoming birthday! When I first saw Annika's tutorial using the MS Score Board I was very intrigued...then I saw the MS score board at Micheals so I picked one up and today I attempted my first envelope box! It was super easy following along with Annika's tutorial and I am so glad to finally know how to make these fabulous boxes for my bulky easel cards! So I made this box to go with this easel card for Olivia ! She just loves the Tilda cards I make for her and she loves princesses too...what 4 yer old, soon to be 5, doesn't, right!


So, I thought to celebrate my exciting news, about joining the Magnolia Down Under Challenges DT, I would join the challenge even though this envelope box is a bit of a stretch for the "Fancy Folds" challenge! I have been dieing to colour this Tilda as a Ballerina image for a while. I also know that Olivia has been taking ballet lessons too...so I thought it would be perfect! I am very happy with how Tilda turned out. I added a lot of Glamour dust to her tiara and the swirls! I pop-dotted her on the front panel of the envelobox and coordinated it to match the Tilda Princess card and added her name to the box with QK Maddie Anne.



Photobucket



Well, I hope that you will be able play along with the me and the fabulous DT over at the Magnolia Down Under Challenges blog every Sunday! I offically start at the begining of October and I am so excitited...eeekkk!


Well, thank so much for stopping by again!

Hugs,

18 comments:

heidy said...

Hi Tara,Congrats,whit your DT and your creation is gorgeous.
Hugs Heidy

Renkata said...

wow Tara, your little Balleria is so happy, she just look like living the time of her life :) You have created such a divine card!
Congrats dear !!!

Artesania said...

Hi Tara ,congratulation to your new DT Job ,how amazing ,that you will be a part of the team.
The ballerina card is adorable ,so it is no wonder !I love your card as always and be so curios of your new creations.
Hugs Gudrun

Unknown said...

OMGOSH Tara!! Absolutley Stunning!! Congratulation on joining the team! Hope we see you in the group soon:-)
Hugs
Karen
xxx

tiggertastic said...

just amazing, it is always lovely to see your work

sarahx

Annika said...

Oh. My. God. Wow. I've always run out of steam by the time I get to the envelobox so they're usually fairly plain but yours - just bleedin' amazing!!! Now I feel I have to get my act together and make a PROPER box as well!! lol
And congrats on your DT news - that's a REALLY fabulous bunch of designers you're gonna be hangin' out with. Total dream team - and you SO deserve your place amongst them!!
Hugs
Annika

amanda stokes said...

WOW!!!These are gorgeous and so pretty!
congrats on the DT position :)
xx

Anonymous said...

Congratulations girl! Every one of your creations are exceptional (including this one!)and you will be a great addition to this DT ! :) Tracy

Jodi Collins said...

Congrats on your exciting news! Your coloring is BREATHTAKING and I LOVE all the embellies on this!!!

Tara said...

It's always such a pleasure to see your work T..... everything is always so professional and beautifully finished..... this card has it all, it's fresh, pretty and very stylish!
Hope you and your family are well and take good care!
Big hugs, T xxxx

Michele Kovack said...

This is beautiful!!! Amazing details!

Lou said...

Hi!how lovely are these,very pretty-just love all the buttons/flowers too.
Congratulations on the DT spot :)
hugs Lou.xx

Jo Nevill said...

Wow, these are just amazing cards, so beautiful. Many congratulations on your wonderful news, must be a dream come true for you darlin. I couldn't think of anyone better than you to have one of the places on the DT.

Hugs,

Jo xxx

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Tara,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Georgia said...

Oh wow, this is so gorgeous Tara, ballerina Tilda is adorable and I love how you've coloured her! Your flowers and embellishments are so pretty! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Paula (PEP) said...

I'm so pleased for you - congratulations. Love the way you've done the girl's name & all the flowers & pink girliness.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Kim said...

CONGRATS on your exciting news! i am SUPER happy for you! They are so lucky to have you on the team hun your work is always so fabulous! Fantastic birthday card and envelopbox! Beautiful!
Hugs~ Kim

Cardmaking Galore said...

Stunning - just stunning! Did you use chipboard to write the name?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails