September 13, 2010

My Favorite Things...WSC Challenge...Back 2 School Blues?!

Good Morning friends! I hope you had a great weekend and I hope you all enjoyed the fabulous Krafty Hop yesterday with the KKS Pin-Up Girls and Miles & friends!
Photobucket

So, Today I have a card to share with you that I made on the weekend for the My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club Challenge...Back 2 School Blues...is the challenge this week! But first I need to say what a fabulously exciting MFT week last week was for me! First, I was one of the "Favorite Finds" with my Expecting Love Baby Bump set card that I made for the BG Challenge and then I won a $15.00 MFT voucher for last week's MFT WSC...sketch challenge with this card...whoo hoo!!! Talk about a great week!!!

So, for my card I used this Making Memories 6x6 paper pad called Chloe's Closet and I used this cutie PI Girl called Book in hand. I paper pieced her skirt and I stamped 2 images on Nennah card and coloured her sweater hand and book on the one and then cut that out and pieced it as well. If I just pieced her skirt and coloured the rest of the image then it would've looked like her sweater was under her skirt. This just keeps all the dimensions right. I picked up this little tip from Michele Boyer...she is so talented and the bestest paper piecer ever!!! I cut the image out with my Nesties and inked with Old Paper Distress ink. Also, if you are paper piecing and plan on cutting your image out with a Nestie die, do that first and then glue the pieces on so that it doesn't get smooshed in your die cutting machine....I picked this up by trial and error, lol.

Photobucket

I love the look of stitching on cards but I haven't ventured into the sewing thing yet....but my Kelly Panacci Stitching stamps always give me great results and look pretty realistic too. I stamped them with Vintage Photo Distress ink. I used my new Notebook Edge Di-namics die and I use some of this scrumptious stripped twill ribbon that came in my VIP set too. I used these cute felt flowers that I had in my stash and a felt button and decided to put BG brads in the holes just for a change. The sentiment is a Melissa Frances rub-on and Making Memories glitter letter stickers.

Here is the inside...pretty simple the sentiment is from the My Umbrella PI set.

Photobucket

Well, Thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my WSC card!

Happy Stampin'!

11 comments:

Riet said...

So beautiful card Tara,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Jane said...

Oh Tara this is stunning hun!! Love the colours, papers, everything!! You've inspred me to make one for my little boy! hugs, Jane xxx

heidy said...

OMG Tara,she's adorable,what a lovely card.
Hugs Heidy

Fleur said...

Tara, she is absolute adorable. I love everything about this card. The paper piecing is perfect and the papers you've chosen are gorgeous
Hugz Fleur xXx

Michele Boyer said...

You're so sweet, Tara! :) And so is your card!! Congrats on your win! I'd say you certainly deserved it!! Hugs!! :)

Carolyn said...

Tara, gorgeous, gorgeous gorgeous. I love this card. The ribbon is beautiful, where did you get it. The sentiments are just perfect. I'm missing my kids when they're at school, and hating making lunches. I think that card should be for me. LOL.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Renkata said...

Tara, so sweet and cute card have you created, beautiful details.

Paula (PEP) said...

The paper piecing of her sweater & skirt is brilliant & I love the inside - so appropriate. Well done on all the wins too, richly deserved. I've been amazed at how many designs you've posted over the last week.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Lou said...

Hi!Oh this is just so sweet,love her little shoes and such gorgeous colours.
hugs Lou.xx

Jody Morrow said...

Oh WOW! That is GORGEOUS!

claudia said...

Very beautiful cards for the 1° school day!
xoxox
Claudia

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails