September 18, 2010

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge # 46...MOSTLY Black & White Colour Challenge...A Pirate's Life for Me!

Scroll down or click the link to see my BasicGrey Challenges card too!

Photobucket


Arrrggghhhh krafty mateys....we have a fabby challenge for you over at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge blog this week set by the lovely and super duper talented Donna! Donna would like us to make our cards MOSTLY black & White...you can add a touch of colour, if you so choose, though! The Krafty Girls have made absolutely stunning creations this week! Please pay them a visit. I know you will be totally inspired to join the challenge when you see the gorgeousness for yourself!

So, Kieran has a b-day party to go to this evening and this is the card that I made for him to give to his freind. What 10 year old boy wouldn't like a card made with this very cool Pirate, Billy Blyth!? I coloured Billy here with my Copics and I'm quite happy with how he came out...I used my Clay E44 Copic to grunge him up a bit. So, Kieran, totally approved of this card...we are good to go, phew! (The kids are always my toughest critics,lol!) Kieran said he liked the distressing of the edges of the paper and Billy's gun the best...ugghh...what is it about boys and guns, anyways?! Well, I did the distressing of the edges with my Tim Holtz Distresser tool. The papers are fabulous, aren't they? They are MME Spider's Web....love em'...perfect for this Pirate card and for Halloween and perfect for this Mostly Black and White Challenge!


Photobucket

Now, I struggled with this card a bit...no prima or WOC flowers allowed here...I wouldn't have got the seal of approval if I had of added flowers, that is for sure, lol! I did manage to add just a sprinkle of black bling and some white twill tape...instead of pretty ribbon,lol!

Here is the inside of my card....again, I kept it pretty simple...both sentiments on this card are from Kimmie's Pirate Sentiment set.

Photobucket

Thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge card! I hope you can join the challenge!


Happy Stampin'!

Hugs,

12 comments:

Ingrid said...

This is just the most perfect boycard ever! Love it, love it! With also boys at home, I can always use some male inspiration :-)
Hugs Ingrid

Andrea C said...

absolutely fantastic boys card x

Little K Smith said...

Oh love this Tara! Fab image, love the distressed papers and a great layout too!
Kelly.x

Renkata said...

Fantastic boy card, very coooool:)

Tracey said...

Seriously incredible card Tara! Love it!! xx

CraftyC said...

Wow Tara, your card is gorgeous. The distressing just perfect for the theme and he's beautifully coloured
Clairex

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Tara,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x

BA said...

fabulous card tara
xox BA

Unknown said...

Tara...As I said before...PERFECT!!!! Love this card, beautiful work sweetie. Xx

heidy said...

Oh wow Tara,this is stunning,I love the black and white,Great wok.
Hugs Heidy

Nana Diana said...

Tara, this is just fabulous! I love everything about it. The distressing is great and your layout is awesome!! Did you know Kim named Billy Blyth for my dad, who came from a seafaring family. My maiden name was Blyth!! You have sure done Billy justice!

Michele Boyer said...

Wowzers, Tara! This is fabulous! I love the torn edges, all the layers, your coloring...perfect as always.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails