September 08, 2010

Whiff of Joy Challenge # 87...Lots of Layers...Perfect Love!

Good morning crafty friends! Hope you all made out okay on the first day of school yesterday! Hannah and Kieran had a great day and are very happy with their teachers'..I think it is going to be a great school year!

Photobucket
Well, It is Wednesday and time for another challenge at the Whiff Of Joy Challenges blog. This week we would like to see creations with Lots of Layers...at least 2 layers but we hope to see creations with lots of gorgeous layers, so pile on those papers,smile! I personally love lots of layers on my cards so this challenge was right up my alley! The WOJ Challenges DT have stunning creations to share with you too so I hope you can make a trip over to the WOJ challenges blog and have a wee peek at all the inspiration!

Photobucket

I made this card for a lady at work for her grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. I used BasicGrey Cappella 6x6 papers and this sweet Whiff of Joy image Wedding Cake and sentiment from the Wedding and Baby collection! I coloured it with my Copics and cut it out with my circle Nestie and inked with Spun Sugar Distress inks. I added some gorgeous ribbon from My Favorite Things, some bling and for all the scrumptious scalloped layers, I used the Jumbo scalloped edge Di-namics die also from My Favorite Things.

Here is the inside...I printed the sentiment out on the computer and added some bling.

Photobucket

Well, thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my card! I really hope you can join us at the Whiff of Joy challenge!

Hugs,

12 comments:

heidy said...

Hi Tara,this is truly scrumptious...
Love it
Hugs Heidy

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Just stunning. Love all the scalloped layers and the bling brings it to life! Might have to case it if I ever need an anniversary card ;) Love the verse on the inside.

Hugs, from your long lost blogging buddy :)

Judy xx

Michele Roos said...

Such a gorgeous card Tara. Love all the layers and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

WOW Tara this is drop dead gorgeous!!! Love it. So beautiful I love the scalloped layers and that bow!!

Hugs,
Wendy

Renkata said...

Tara, your card is just DIVINE!
Great layout and details.

tiggertastic said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog xx


your card here is just amazing, i adore all the gem work that has gone into this and papers you have used layer up so nicely too

Sarah xx

Riet said...

Ohhh wowwww Tara,what a wonderful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sarah said...

A beautiful card and wow to have reached 60 years together, that is some feat. Love the number 60 and your image is perfect. Sarah x

Paula (PEP) said...

Glorious details & I love those blingy swirls. The colours are so soft & subtle & this is an image that is rather classy. Love your interpretation of the layering too.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Sol said...

Lovely Card! papers are beautiful and composition too! :)

Sol said...

Lovely Card! papers are beautiful and composition too! :)

tiggertastic said...

thank you for your wonderful comment on my blog, so very kind of you.

I adore the soft colours of this make and the gem work is amazing

Sarah x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails