September 18, 2010

New BasicGrey Challenge # 29...A sketch by Me...Life is too short for beige!

Photobucket


Good morning crafty friends! Whoo hoo! it is the weekend and I am soooooo happy to be able to spend the day stamping up a storm, lol, but first I want to say that we have a new challenge for you over at BasicGrey Challengs blog and it's a sketch by little ol' me, smile! Of, course our very talented and computer savvy BG Boss, Martine, made it look all professional for me! Thanks, hun! So, I hope you can join us over the next 2 weeks at BG Challenges and try my sketch! I'm so looking forward to seeing all the fab creations with it! Just remember to be eligible for the fabulous 25 dollar voucher for the Simon Says Stamps Superstore you must use at least one BG item on your card or project! Also, please visit the BG DT as they have all made such gorgeous creations with my sketch. They are all sure to inspire you to paly along with us this fortnight!

Photobucket


So for my card I used BasiGrey Basics Manila 6x6 paper pad. Oh, I just love, love, love these papers they are soooooo fabulous and I also used a Kioshi paper as well from the 6x6 paper pad. The fabulous sentiment inspired this card. It is one of my all time favourite sentiments that I picked up at Stamping Bella! I stamped it with Versamark ink and used American Crafts Zing Chestnut Embossing powder. I coloured up this cutie pie Tilda with my Copics and cut her out and pop-dotted her on the Nestie cut circles and large scalloped circle. The ribbon is from my stash and I embellished with Prima Flowers and BG Wisteria brads and sprinkled a few half pearls here and there.

Photobucket

Here is the inside...this sentiment and cute little butterfly are Melissa Frances rub-on and I left a space that a note can be written to the recipient of this card on the BG Basics lined paper.

Photobucket

Well, thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my BasicGrey Challenges card! I also want to thank all my lovely crafty friends who visit me and leave me such sweet comments....I'm sorry I haven't been so good lately at returning the favour...but I hope to be around to visit very soon. I also have a card for the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps challenge to share with you later this morning so pop back around to have a peek!!!

Happy Stampin'!!!

Hugs,

10 comments:

Alberto said...

So sweet this ard!
The colors togheter are pretty!
I love your fresh stile and your cratins are everytime Sweet!

Hugs, Albert

heidy said...

Wow Tara,just beautiful,love your LO you created.
Hugs Heidy

Ingrid said...

Wauw, what a great card. Always love your extensive use of hydrangea! And your sketch is so nice hun. Hope to use it in the next two weeks :-)
Have fun stamping this weekend. Hubby is taking the boys to their sporting event later this morning so I will have some time alone too...
Hugs Ingrid

Ingrid said...

Wauw, what a great card. Always love your extensive use of hydrangea! And your sketch is so nice hun. Hope to use it in the next two weeks :-)
Have fun stamping this weekend. Hubby is taking the boys to their sporting event later this morning so I will have some time alone too...
Hugs Ingrid

Riet said...

Ohhh wowwww Tara,What a beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Annika said...

Oh I love your layering and the way you define the papers - and your colouring is just marvelous! Thanks for the eye candy!!!
Hugs
Annika

Renkata said...

Tara, that is some very adorable card, great paper and colours combo.

BA said...

tara this is really adorable
xoxo BA

Jo Nevill said...

Thank you, thank you for such a fantastic sketch. This is deffo one to keep and keep using !

Your card is just amazing Tara (as always) and you really inspired me to mix the papers together for my card too. I was a bit disappointed when the "basics" arrived but I am sure they were made to be mixed with the others, don't you ?

Huge hugs to you my dear friend.

Hugs,

Jo xxx

Cardmaking Galore said...

This is utterly fab! I love the colour scheme, the colouring and the overall execution. Thanks for the inspiration

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails