September 04, 2010

New BasicGrey Challenge # 28...BG DT Call and Paper Piecing...Expecting Love!

Good Morning crafty friends! Hope you are enjoying your weekend...it is a long weekend here as Monday is Labour day and then Tuesday is the first day of school for the kiddos. They are very excited about going back to school! It's going to be a busy weekend getting all sorted out for school and getting back into a regular routine.

Well, we have another fabulously fun challenge for you over at the BasicGrey Challenges blog! We would like to see some Paper Piecing on your creations! The BG DT have stunning paper pieced creations to inspire you so hop on over to the BG Challenges blog and take a look-see at their creativity! Also, we would like to expand the BG DT family so please join the challenge and enter our BasicGrey Challenges DT Call. Just remember there is only one rule and that is you must use at least one BasicGrey product on your creation!

Photobucket
So, for my card I decided to use the new BasiGrey Olivia 6x6 paper pad and I teamed it up with this adorable My Favorite Things Who's that Girl stamp set called Baby Bump. I paper pieced the WTG's clothes and shopping bags with BG Olivia papers and coloured in her skin and background with my Copics. I added some cotton trim and ribbon from my stash and used this fabulous new MFT Open Scallop Di-namics border die. The sentiment is just one of the many cute sentiments in the Baby Bump set and I stamped it on a Nestie tag. I had a little mishap with this image...these WTG images have a black border around them and when I trimmed this image down I accidentally cut a part of it off on one side. Well, instead of throwing out the image and starting all over. I just went around the image with the chisel top of my Permapaque Opaque Marker and saved the image from the trash bin,smile! So, to finish off the card, I added a few Prima flowers but not too many and just a touch of Pink bling...I think this card is my version of a Clean and Simple card,smile.

Photobucket

and here is the inside...I used one of the great sentiments in the MFT Clearly sentimental About Babies set and stamped it on paper cut out with the Di-namics Framed Greeting die then stamped "Congratulations" from the Baby Bump set on the QuicKutz tag.
Well, thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my card! I hope you can join the challenge and I hope you enter the BG DT Call too!
Happy stampin'!
Hugs,



9 comments:

Renkata said...

wow Tara, that is really very chic card. Love all details. Great work.

Tracey said...

STUNNING!!! This is incredible Tara!!

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Tara,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Paula (PEP) said...

I love the paper piecing & it's no good - I'm going to have to explore/investigate the Basic Grey range. Have a good weekend.
Paula (PEP)

Kelly Schelske said...

Absolutely beautiful Tara!

Kerry Johnson said...

Tara this is drop dead gorgeous!! Love all your piecing (the boots - swoon!)and those tags! The inside is just as stunning! Wow girlfriend!

Unknown said...

Tara, this is amazing!

Congratulations, your card is being featured on the MFT Blog today as part of Our Favorite Finds!

Anonymous said...

Girlfriend, this is priceless!! Any 'princess' would love it!

Cardmaking Galore said...

Tara, this is just stunning. all you work is. I like how you used the background paper for her top

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails