October 03, 2009

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps meets BasicGrey Challenges #5...Furever Friends!


Good morning "Krafty" friends! I have another Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps sneak peek for you this morning and I combined it with the great sketch by Martine that we have over on the BasicGrey Challenge blog! I hope you can join the challenge this week or maybe next! All you have to remember is to use one BasicGrey product on your creation! Oh and make sure you check out the BasicGrey DT creations cuz they just ROCK!!!!

So, do you wanna know more about these cutie patooties...well, okay, let me introduce you to Roxy and Bernice! O.K. I have to say Kimmie has done a wonderful job naming all the characters...WOW, the names Roxy and Bernice just suit them to a T!!!!! Don't they!?


Now I have a wee confession to make....I'm not that good at colouring critters and because of that I have avoided cute animal stamps for fear of detracting from their cuteness with my bad colouring, lol!!! But I have taken the plunge! I hope I have done Crissy's gorgeous image of Roxy and Bernice justice!

So, I stamped Roxy and Bernice on ATS Copic paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured them with my Copics and cut the image out with my new Nesties...Labels 7!!


For the card I made a 6x6 cardbase from pink Bazzill Bling cardstock and used my new fabulously Delicious BasicGrey Eskimo Kisses and one of the solid turquoise sheets from BG Lemonade! I also used some Eskimo Kisses brads too! I got my little paws on the Eskimo Kisses range when I visited Kimmie, Andrea and Sheila at Scrapin' Great Deals! I also bought this yum-O, cotton lace. I just love it and it was perfect for this card! I used a lot of pop-dots to give the layers some added dimension and I added a few Primas! The photo turns are a QK 2x2 die. Then to finish it off I added some Angel Wings Shimmerz to the flowers and to Roxy and Bernice!


Now isn't that the best sentiment! I embossed it with American Crafts Zing White embossing powder....such great stuff! I really love the look of a crisp white sentiment!
Well, thanks for stopping by and having a wee sneak peek at Roxy and Bernice and I hope you can join the challenge over at BasicGrey Challenges Blog!


Hugs,

15 comments:

Vicki G said...

Tara, you've done a wonderful job on colouring here! You're critters are glowing!!!

Looking forward to meeting you!

Hugs,

Vicki

June Houck said...

Your card is cute-iful! Adorable sentiment too :)

Ruth said...

Wow! This is a cracker! I am so delighted to be part of the tem for the month! Your standard is very high!! Ruth x

Crissy Armstrong said...

Tara you did fantastic coloring the critters! Your colors and shading look awesome! I love the Nesties you used and the layout of the card is fantastic. Gorgeous card!!!

Tara said...

Funny, cute, furry and very gorgeous T! I love the papers, delish, and your gorgeous image coloured so beautifully! a brilliant interpretation of Martine's sketch hun and some wonderful embellies as always!
Have a great weekend ;o)
Hugs T xx

Jo Nevill said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous Tara, just love the new BG papers don't you ? Love the new Kimmie image you have used too. I had the same problem as you, not very good at colouring animals but I reckon we both did well this week (even if I say so myself !!).

Have a great weekend,

Hugs,

Jo xxx

Elaine said...

Fantastic, Tara!

I avoided doing animals for ages too, well, furry ones anyway! You've done a fantastic job here, so no avoiding them in future! ;)

Kelly Schelske said...

Too cute!! Love it Tara! man these stamps are looking great!

Hugs, Kelly

Susie Sugar said...

Wow !! this is awesome what a fantastic piece of art...love it.. lots of gorgeous details
Hugs Susie xx

Neenie said...

Oh, this is adorable!!! Love the image, brilliantly coloured and fab, sumptous colours to boot. Great card!x :)

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

The shading and colouring on Roxy and Bernice is FABULOUS!! You did a wonderful job! The whole thing looks so rich and scrumptious!! Yaaaaay Tara!!!

Kim Costello said...

Well Tara your colouring on Roxy and Bernice is FABULOUS!!! You did a brilliant job! love the rich colours and what you've done with the sketch and all the little details. Kimmie's images are looking fantastic! Hope you got some creative time for WCMD HuGs Kim :)

Michele Boyer said...

So, so, SOOO cute! I love the bit of trim and the photo turns!

Chris said...

Fabulous card Sweetie and Crissy's new images are superb, I love them! All the elements you put together are superb and your colouring is just beautiful! The embossed sentiment looks perfecto and the little photo corners are a wonderful way to interpret the sketch. I'm off on the blog hop for the new stamp company now....how exciting. Hope you're enjoying it all and thanks for all the amazing sneak previews you've shown us so far, they're all fabulous! Hugs, Chris xx

Iren said...

What a cute and lovely card!!! The image is so adorable too!

Hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails