October 31, 2009

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge # 4 & BasicGrey Challenges #7...Holiday Cheer!


Happy Halloween Krafty Friends! Have you been sneaking a few chocolates here and there too?! Oh, I know I have, lol! I just hope we have enough left for the all the kidos, smirk! I am a little sad cuz my kidos don't want to wear cute costumes anymore. No, they are totally into everything gross, gory and lots of fake blood, lol! Yes, they are growing up, sigh!
Well, today is Saturday and that means it's challenge day! First up we have the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge today! I am the hostess and I say "Tag! You're it"! Yes, I am challenging folks to use a tag(s) on your creation big, small, die cut or a recycled clothing tag...whatever your heart desires as long as there is a tag on your creation! Since, I have used, sweet Piper, one of the new images from the November release (that will be available tomorrow November 1st) the winner of this weeks Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge will win Piper....YAY!!! So, make sure you play along!
I also made this card for the BasicGrey Challenges. This week the fabulous Tara W picked this great inspirational photo for us to use! I love the great colours in this image. It was such fabulous inspiration! Thanks Tara! Well, I hope you can play along with the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge and Basic Grey Challenges.

So for my card I used the colours in the photo and I picked Piper cuz she is holding a yummy cup of hot chocolate and there is a cuppa in the pic on the stack of magazines. I was also inspired by the pattern in the sofa with the white dots that gradually go from large to small.
So I made my cardbase 6x6 from chocolate brown Bazill cardstock and used BG Wassail and Bittersweet pp. I then stamped Piper from the Moonlight Whispers collection on ATS Copic Quality paper and coloured her with my Copics. I used the "Out of the Box" technique so her hat wouldn't get chopped off when I cut her out with the circle Nesties! I used this American crafts burgundy velvet scalloped ribbon at the bottom! It is so yummy...I just love it! My sentiment is from the fabulous Kimmie's Holiday sentiments set. There are 44 fabulous and perfect holiday sentiments in this set... love it! And it was created by our very own Krafty girl, Jeanne! I stamped the sentiment on a QK 2x2 tag. I added lots of half pearls and some Prima flowers left over from last year.


Well, Thanks for stopping by and having a wee peek! I hope you can join both the BasicGrey Challenge and Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps challenge. Also, make sure you come back tomorrow as Kimmie and the Krafty Girls have some extra fun planned for release day and I am sure you will already be "hopped" up on chocolate and candy so that should work to your advantage, *wink*!
Big hugs,

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, do love the KK stamps its a pity they didnt come in digi,s although I do love stamping my own just hard to afford everything that is coming out at this time too near xmas, 11 grandchildren. Christine x

Nana Diana said...

Beautiful card Tara, I love your colour combo, layout and those gorgeous flowers!!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

You've done a fabulous job with Piper!! It's so luscious and gorgeous with all the layers, papers and yummy embellishments! I especially love all the pearls!!

Ruth said...

Hi Tara,this is gorgeous!Beautifully put together as usual! Ruth x

Jo Nevill said...

Oh wow Tara, you have been so busy since my last visit. All your cards are just stunning, as usual, you make them all so different and so gorgeous.

I hope your new treatment helps with your migraines.

This card for BG challenges is just gorgeous. I love the new Kimmie image you have used and all those delish pearls - do you have any left now ?!!!

Take care of yourself and hope to speak to you soon,

Big hugs,

Jo xxxx

Tara said...

Gorgeous card T.... I love the colours, the image, the layout.... everything is so stunning! I really need to get some of Kimmie's images very soon, they are so fab!
Have a fun weekend, we're off out to hopefully get a big haul of sweeties later.... oh and I've been tucking into some of the Haribos we have put aside for when the door knocks later, hee hee!
Hugs Tara xx

Kathy said...

Hey Tara!! This is just adorable!!! I have been sick and I see I have missed a bunch of beauties here!!!
Love what you have come up with for this challenge!! That paper is perfect and I always love all your details and mix of things!!
These images are just adorable as well!
I hope you have a great week-end :)Kathy

Maria said...

Wow another stunning card! 2 in one day ~ you are spoiling us. Gorgeous colouring and wonderful layers. Hugs, Maria

Chris said...

Gorgeous card Tara and another cute as can be stamp! Fantastic colouring and design, love how you did the out of the box technique and the stripey paper is perfect for the photo inspiration. Hope all went well for you Thursday. Hugs, Chris xxx

Ila said...

This card is Beautiful!!...the colors and details are Totally Fabulous...the little gal is just the Sweetest!!...Hugs, Ila

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails