November 17, 2013

MFT, Reverse Confetti, Catered Crop & Simon Says Stamp...Thanks...you're the best!


Hello stampin' friends! I saw that they have an fun new monthly colour challenge over on the Reverse Confetti blog...I couldn't resist the fabulous Grey, Orange and Navy colour combo even though I don't have any RC stamps...YET (I placed my first order and I'm eagerly awaiting some fabulous RC Christmas stamps.)

So, I thought I would still play along since they are accepting projects with any stamps until the new year! I thought I would also join the Catered Crop Recipe Swap...Thank You Kindly and the challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is Thanks/Thankful.  I LOVED this colour combo SO much that I actually made 2 cards...I was on a roll...so be sure to scroll down for both cards :)

http://cateredcrop.com/2013/11/16/thank-you-kindly-quickfire/


http://reverseconfetti.com/2013/11/16/november-color-challenge/
Here is the fabulous RC November colour combo...LOVE it!

 photo RCcolorchallenge_edited-1RS1_zps11b5e721.jpg

I only used MFT Replenishments Heavyweight Card Stock in Nightshift Blue, Orange Fizz, Steel Blue and Smooth White....can you believe it? No patterned paper here! I used Blueprints 1, the Pierced Traditional Tags STAX, Traditional Tag STAX, Layered Treat Tag and the Accent It - Holiday Traditions Elements Die-namics.  I inked up the fabulous  NEW Woodgrain Background Stamp and stamped it on the Steel Blue Heavyweight Card Stock. I also stamped the argyle pattern from the Textile Backgrounds Stamp set as I was inspired by RC Colour Challenge photo and I also used the Jumbo Mod Borders Stamp set.  I inked up the Vertical Greetings Stamp set and the Sending Thanks Stamp set and used MFT Premium Dy Ink in Nightshift Blue, Orange Fizz and Steel Grey.  

 photo RCcolorchallengeD_edited-1RS4_zps28e6e8ff.jpg

Here is the inside...I kept it simple and made the inside of both cards the same. I used another sweet sentiment from the Sending Thanks Stamp set.

 photo RCcolorchallengeE_edited-1RS5_zpscfda9ede.jpg

Here is my second card...again I used the Sending Thanks Stamp set and the Textile Backgrounds Stamp set. I used the Pierced Traditional Tag STAX and I love the little chevron Die-namics in the NEW LLD Accent It - Holiday Traditions Elements. I stamped the Jumbo chevron pattern on it in Orange Fizz Premium Dye ink from the Jumbo Mod Borders Stamp Set

 photo RCcolorchallengeF_edited-1RS6_zpsef73663e.jpg

I  cut two little tickets from the NEW Blueprints 9 and stamped another cute sentiment from the Sending Thanks Stamp set. 

Well, thanks SO much for stopping by and havin' a wee peek at my cards for the Reverse Confetti November Colour Challenge and the Catered Crop Recipe Swap and Simon Says Stamp Thank You card challenges.




   




9 comments:

Becky (Cards by Becky) said...

Gorgeous! I love the twist on the pierced tag die. You are ahhh-mazing! Happy Holidays, Becky

Tracey said...

WOW!!! Loving these cards Tara!! The colour combos are awesome!! xx

Lisa H. said...

complete awesomeness!!! LOVE what you did with those colors....AND I can't wait to see what you do with the RC stamps (you're going to LOVE them). woohoo! these are both great, but I think I am REALLY in love with the second one. Hugs, Girlie!

Linda McClain said...

Tara's in the house! That makes me so happy. And these Cards - oh my - happy colors and so freakin' amazing!

Tammy Hershberger said...

These are awesome, Tara! Great layouts and details on both, and the color combo is fabulous... I too can't wait to try out that Reverse Confetti challenge with these colors!

Mandy said...

Hey Tara :)
Gorgeous cards hun, they are both so striking, just perfect :)
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

annemarie said...

gorgeous tara and again a great color combi.

hugs Annemarie

jen del muro said...

Love how you used all the colors and all those layers...yum! Hugs-Jen

Stacey Schafer said...

fabulous card, Tara! all things I love...layers, bold patterns and lots of elements!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails