June 29, 2011

Simon Says Stamp...A Colour Combo + Penny Black...Let's Do Lunch!!

Photobucket

 Happy Hump day Stampin' friends! Yup! The long weekend is in sight! Whoo hoo!!!! Friday is Canada Day and so I would like to wish all my fellow Canadian Crafty and stampin' friends a very happy Canada Day long weekend! YAY!!!!! I hope you have lots of fun with friends and family and a little time to get crafty in between all the BBQin' and fireworks! Also, Sunday is my daughter, Hannah's 12th b-day and I can't believe how grown up she is now...where has the time gone!? She is almost as tall as I am now...how did that happen!? Well, I am kinda short so that isn't too difficult, smile! Well, the time sure flies by doesn't it!? 

Well, today I have a card to share for the new challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp Challenge! last week you all made such gorgeous creations with Jane's beautiful sketch! Thank you so much for joining us! This week we have a lovely colour combo....Lemon and Lavender! Isn't that a lovely combo!!!! The DT are also featuring Penny Black stamps and we would love to see your PB creations but it is not a requirement of the challenge!


We have a very generous prize this week! As always, Heidi, is offering up a fab $50.00 gift voucher to the Simon Says Stamp Superstore!!!! There are so many beautiful stamps and craft supplies in the Superstore you should really check it out!!!

Photobucket
 So for my card today I have used one of the sweet PB Transparent stamps from the Mimi in Paris set. I love Mimi she is absolutely adorable! I love colouring her with my Copics too. She colours up  quickly and she always looks so cute! I stamped Mimi with VersaFine Black Onyx ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder to get a good crisp stamped image. I then coloured her with my Copics, cut the image out with my Circle Nesties and inked with Mustard Seed Distress ink. Don't colour with your Copics and VersFine ink as it is not compatable until your emboss with clear embossing powder. I matted the image using my Lacey Circle Nestie. I used LilyKate BasicGrey 6x6 pad. I stamped all the papers with my Kelly Panacci Stitching Stamps with Vintage Photo Distress ink. I added some yellow crinkled seam binding with a BasicGrey button! I added lots of purple bling here and there and all the way around the image. The sentiment is from a My Favourite Things Stamps set called Meet Me at the Cafe.

 Well, thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my card! I hope you can squeeze in some crafty time and join the fun challenge that we have this week! Please stop by the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog and check out the beautiful Lemon and Lavender creations by our wonderful DT!

Have a Stampin' Great Day!!!!

Hugs,

10 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Tara :-) I love the image ,, she is adorable and the papers and design are fab :-)the scrunched ribbon and 'stitching' are perfect too :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Mephisto said...

WOW, great work!
Love this image very much!

Hugs
Domi

Heather said...

Hi Tara, absolutely stunning gorgeous colouring and such a sweet Mimi!! Your details are fabulous. I should probably get some of those Kelly Panacci stitching stamps and give up trying to sew in a straight line lol.
hugs
Heather xx

Laila said...

Oh how I love your card. It's so pretty. The colours are just so perfect together.
Hugs Laila

check out my new candy on http://blog.lolapigen.dk

Paula (PEP) said...

The Vintage Photo & Mustard Seed Distress colours warm this whole composition beautifully & I love that button's colour. Your placing of the gems is lovely & I pariticularly like the way the lime green of the patterned paper just really makes the lemon & lavender pop.
Paula (PEP)

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Beautiful work, Tara! I love the stamp and the sentiment is perfect to match!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous Tara! Love the colors!

Hanna said...

My godness, Tara...! This card took my breath away indeed. I love visiting your blog, here's always so much eyecandy to find and keepsake. Your layout-ideas are always out of this world, I adore how you put all the stunning layers of designpaper together so beautifully, your cards are beyond words.
I think this card is one of my absolute favourites ever, it's so pretty; the colours, the design, the bling, everything is so perfectly matched and gorgeously made.

hugs,
Hanna

iphone 5 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
inchirieri apartamente cluj said...

First of all let me congratulate you for the cutest card of all times. I just love the small details, the joyful message and the perfect little girl who is sitting at the perfect little table drinking the perfect tea:). I might add 'let's do a perfect lunch'

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails