June 25, 2011

BasicGrey Challenges # 47 and Magnolia Down Under Challenge # 102...Happy Birthday!!!

Photobucket
 Me again! Yup, I am back with another card to share with you this morning! Today we have more fun challenges over at BasicGrey Challenges and at Magnolia Down Under Challenge. I thought I would combine my cards this week as the challenges went perfectly together! Over at BG Challenges we would like to see Stitching on your card or creation and at MDUC the challenge is Stitching and Swirls. Sounds like fun, eh!? 

Well, I hope you can mange to squeeze in some stampin' time and join both challenges! Just remember that at BasicGrey Challenges you must use at least one BasicGrey product on you card or creation and please list that item in your post so it easy for the DT to see what BG product you have used as there are so many gorgeous BG products available now! Over at MDUC the requirement is to use a Magnolia stamped image on your creation ( it doesn't have to be Tilda or Edwin it can be an accessory stamp)!

If you join us at BasicGrey Challenges we have a fabulous prize....a random winner will be selected to receive a $25.00 gift voucher for the Simon Says Stamp Superstore....Whoo hoo!!!!!!
Photobucket
For my card I used BasicGrey Life of the party 6x6 papers. I stamped my stitiching with trusty and beloved Kelly Panacci Acrylic Stitching stamps. I stamped around the edges of the papers with Vintage Photo Distress ink. The image I used is this cute Tilda with Heart Package from the Magnolia Spring 2008 release. I think I have only inked her up once before, which, is a real shame as she is just soooooo cute! It's nice to use our older Tilda stamps too, isn't it!? So, I coloured her with my Copics, of course and cut the image out with my Nesties and inked with Spun Sugar Distress ink. I cut a smaller mat from red American Crafts cardstock with my glass mat and Fiskars Finger Tip Craft knife and cut around the outer edge of the die. The swirls were cut on my Silhouette Digical Craft Cutter and I added a few red half pearls on the swirls.  I tied some crinkled seam binding around the card and tied a double bow and added a BG button and some twine. The label sentiment is from Catslife Press stamped with Ladybug Memento Ink on Kraft cardstock and the other sentiment is a Melissa Frances Rub-on.

Well, thanks so much for swingin' by again and having a wee peek at my BG Challenges and MDUC card today! I hope you can join the challenges! Please pop by the challenge blogs and have a look at all the gorgeous inspiration by the BG and MDUC DTs too!

Have a Stampin' Great Day!

Hugs,


7 comments:

Tracey said...

Just gorgeous Tara!! Your colouring is amazing as always!! xx

Riet said...

So gorgeous card,,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Kelly Schelske said...

Love these papers Tara, gorgeous creation!!

Dawn said...

Hi Tara, Amazing card! LOVE it!! Hugs, Dawn

Heather said...

Hi Tara, stunning card!!! beautifully coloured cute Tida with her fat face and pigtails, I love this one!!!
The usual fantastic colours scheme and delicious embellies.
hugs
Heather xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Delightful browns & especially those swirls combined with the red & touches of blue & green. Great fun with your faux stitching.
Paula (PEP)

Julie said...

Hi Tara - fabulous card!! Awesome colouring and design, totally awesome! Hugs, Juliexx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails