June 25, 2011

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge # 84...Beachy Keen!

Photobucket

Hey Krafty Friends! Hope you had a great week and are all set for a very Krafty weekend!!! I know I am going to be getting my Kraft on today!

Well, today I'm sharing the card I made for the new challenge that we have this week at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge blog! This week Michele is the fabulously krafty hostess and she has set a water themed challenge called "Make a Splash" ( beach, rain, anything wet or watery is good). Michele made a stunning card, as always, with the gorgeous Nerissa stamp from the Moonlight Whispers collection! If you join the challenge this week and use a KKS stamp on your card or creation you will be entered into the random draw to win a Nerissa stamp of your very own! How fabulous is that!?

Photobucket
For my card I used more BasicGrey Sweet Threads 6x6 papers....absolutely love this BG collection! I cut several wave borders on my Silhouette Digital Craft Cutter and inked the edges with Tumbled Glass Distress ink. I used sweet Elanor...love her to bits. She is definitely one of my all time Favorite Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps. I coloured her with my Copics and paper pieced her bathing dress and cap and coloured parts of the paper pieced dress with my Copic makers too. I added some Rose Viva Decor Pearl Pen to the centers of the flowers on the bathing cap. The flowers were cut with my MFT Flower and Leaf Trio Die-namics set, Perfect Petal Trio Die-nmaics set and Pretty Posies Die-namics set with BG Sweet Threads buttons in the centers. I added some Rain Dots water splashes here and there to continue on with the water theme. The sentient is from the Kimmie's Mermaid sentiment set and stamped on a tag cut with a QuicKutz die. 

Photobucket
Here is the inside of the card! I used another sentiment from Kimmie's Beachy Sentiment set and the Happy B-day sentiment is from an old MFT sentiment set and is stamped on another QuicKutz tag. 

Well thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my KKS Challenge card today! I really hope you can join the challenge! Please swing by the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge blog and see all the gorgeous creations by our super duper Krafty Girls and welcome our newest member to the Krafty Girls team, the super sweet and super talented Kerry Johnson! We are so thrilled to have her joining us permanently!!!

Have a stampin' Great day!

Hugs,


9 comments:

Sanne said...

Awesome card! Love it! I really like the flowers you used again!

Hugs Sanne

Carissa said...

Great card. Everything works so beautifully together. Hugs, Carissa

Janine - Ellabella said...

Hi what a super creation, so many pretty details! I like them all. This stamp is gorgeous too.

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Eeeeek! This is SO gorgeous, T!! I LOVE those patterned papers and all the gorgeous button flowers!! I think you've just convinced me that I need that new Basic Grey pad! *sigh* Hahaha!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

What a glorious combination of vintage-y elements for that modest bathing beauty! Spot-on perfection, Tara! YUM!!!

Tracey said...

I love this!! Your layering always amazing me! You get so much goodness on your cards without it being overwhelming! Gorgeous Tara!! xx

Kelly Schelske said...

Love this card Tara! love the colors and the water splats are terrific!

Paula (PEP) said...

I love how you've used theose pink buttons to pick out the hints of pink amongst your patterned papers. The wavy bordering is superb & I do like that inside - stunning. The sentiment flower picks up the floral patterned paper nicely too.
Paula (PEP)

thekolbes said...

Love it, love the colors
Trish
krazykcrafters at msn dot com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails