June 08, 2011

Simon Says Stamp Challenge...Let's Get Fruity Photo Challenge...Lazy Days of Summer!

Photobucket


Hey stampin' friends! Time for another fun challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog! This week we have a photo/theme challenge! We would like to see your make a fruit inspired card or project....so, Let's get Fruity!!! 

As always, Heidi has a very generous prize up for grabs!!!! Just join the challenge and link up your card on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog to be entered into the random draw for the $50.00 gift voucher at the Simon Says Stamp Superstore. There are loads of crafty goodies and super cute stamps in the Superstore and you can always check out the This Just In for all the newest products! I hope you can join us this week! 


Here is the inspirational picture....so Let's get Fruity!!!!!


For my card this week I decide to use my new BasicGrey, Sweet Threads, 6x6 papers, painted brads and a Glazed Epoxy brad...such lovely fruity and summery colours in this collection...love it....my new fave BG papers, for now anyways,smile. Then I went in search of a stamp in my stash with fruit in it. I just so happened to have this absolutely adorable Belles N' Whistles stamp called Sunshine and Apples, on my desk and so I inked it up and coloured it with my Copic markers. I cut the image out with one of my older Nesties Label 1 that I haven't used in a while but it is one of my all time favourite label Nestie. I left the image in the die and inked with Spun Sugar Distress ink and I used my glass cutting mat and Fiskars Finger tip control craft knife to cut around the outer edge of the Nestie die to get the slim mat for my image.  

Photobucket
I used a MFT Die-namics Scalloped Ribbon border die and also added some natural twill tape, some Prima flowers and a sprinkling of pink gems here and there. The sentiment is a Melissa Frances rub-on.

Thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my card for this week's fruity Simon Says Stamp Challenge! I hope you can join us and if you need a little more inspiration then pop on over to the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog and check out all the pretty and delicious fruit inspired creations by the Simon Says DT!!!!

Happy stampin' great day!!!!!

Hugs,


7 comments:

Jane said...

Oh this is so gorgeous hun! beautiful colours and details! hugs, Jane xxx

Heather said...

Hi Tara, oh goodie - lots of colours for me to look at and try and absorb hoping something might sink in and I'll be able to 'do it'. Fab layout and your Belles & Whistles image is gorgeous - the new BG papers are fabulous!!
hugs
Heather xx

Anonymous said...

Oh wow Tara!! This is totally gorgeous hun!! I LOVE that image and your colors are looking stunning with your layout too!! Brilliant!! HUGS

amanda stokes said...

Hi Tara
Gorgeous card,love the image and pretty flowers :) xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Lovely soft colours of summer with glorious matching of your colouring to those papers & flwoers. The breown jeans are lovely & your sahding on her parasol delightful.
Paula (PEP)

Riet said...

So beautiful card Tara,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Have I mentioned I LOVE your style? The colors are gorgeous and happen to be favorites of mine ;) Love the big layered blooms too!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails