June 07, 2013

My Favorite Things...June Teasers - Day 3...Abstract Art

 photo MFT0607AbstractArt3_edited-1RS2_zps00990bd7.jpg



Hello stampin' friends! Check out my new blog design? I LOVE it! Thanks Emily and Designer Blogs

So, It's Day 3 of June Teasers and today we are featuring the NEW Abstract Art, Paint Brushes Die-namics, Art Expression Text and the Peek-a-Boo Dots Die-namic. The new release will be available at My Favorite Things on June 11th at 10 PM EST. All the release and prize details are available on the MFT Blog so be sure to check it out!!! 
  
I made three cards with the fabulous NEW Abstract Art Stamp set (SOOO much fun) and the NEW Bold Statements stamp set and I used the fabulous NEW Blueprints 4 and the NEW Paint Brushes Die-namics too.
 photo MFT0607AbstractArt2_edited-1RS1_zpsc8bfc6df.jpg

Never mind a message in a bottle wouldn't love to get a message in a paint can!? I had this idea to make a bird's-eye view of some paint cans. So, I made the A2 card-base from MFT Replenishments Heavyweight Card Stock in Grapesicle and cut the Smooth White Card Stock with the large rectangle from the NEW Blueprints 4. On the Smooth White Card Stock, I stamped various splatters, splotches and swatches of "paint" with the NEW Grapesicle Premium Dye Ink and in Electric Red and Orange Fizz Premium Dye Ink.

 I used the Circle STAX 1 and 2 to make the large, gallon sized can of paint from metallic silver card stock and I used the stitched circle element from Blueprints 1 and a smaller Circle STAX Die-namics nested in the center to cut out the rim of the pint sized paint cans.  I stamped the sentiment from the NEW Bold Statements set with Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink on the Electric Red Heavyweight Card Stock that is the "paint" on the inside of the can. I added a paint brush to rest on the edge of the large paint can with the NEW Paint Brushes Die-namics. To get a more realistic look of a paint brush dipped in paint,  I cut 2 "bristles" with the Paint Brushes Die-namics; one from Black Licorice Heavyweight Card Stock and one from Electric Red Heavyweight Card Stock. Then I used the Wavy Edge Die-namics to cut the wavy edge of the Electric Red Bristles and adhered it over the Black Licorice card stock.


 photo MFT0607AbstractArt4_edited-1RS4_zpsc70f5a41.jpg

Here is the inside...I made a pint sized paint can and added another paintbrush and used the NEW Bold Statements Set again for the sentiment.  

 photo MFT0607AbstractArt_edited-1RS1_zpscf12b683.jpg

I really love how this card turned out with the NEW Insert It - Speech Bubble Frame. I used the actual Speech Bubble instead of the frame and stamped several sentiments from the NEW Bold Statements Stamp set with MFT Premium Dye Ink in the NEW Grapesicle, Orange Fizz and Red Hot Premium Dye Ink. I added a paintbrush with the NEW Paint Brushes Die-namics.    

 photo MFT0607AbstractArtC_edited-1RS3_zpsa2f3e4f7.jpg

Here is the inside...more fun splotches, splatters and swatches of "paint" with the NEW Abstract Art and another sentiment from the NEW Bold Sentiments set.

 photo MFT0607AbstractArt5_edited-1RS5_zps70077c62.jpg

This is my third card today and I really had fun with this one too. I created my own paint chip...SO cool! I cut the long rectangle from the NEW Blueprints 4 Die-namics from Smooth Card Stock. I used thin Eclipse tape to mask of the measured sections and then I used the back of a MFT border stamp (specifically the wood-grain stamp from the LJD Western Backgrounds Stamp set) and inked it to get a solid swatch of colour.  stamped the swatch of ink in a gradation of the red using MFT Premium Dye Ink in, Red Hot, Wild Cherry and Electric Red.  I used the LLD Journal It- Calendar Basics stamp set to add the actual serial # of each of the MFT Premium Dye ink pads and I stamped the sentiment from the LLD Document It -  Rock On Stamp set. 

 photo MFT0607AbstractArt7_edited-1RS7_zps4c293db9.jpg

and this is the inside...I stamped another fun sentiment from the NEW Bold Statements Stamps set and a few more splotches and splatters of paint from the NEW Abstract Art set. I added another paint brush with the Paint Brushes Die-namics.

Thanks SO much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my card featuring the NEW Abstract Art and Paint Brushes Die-namics! Please take a minute and pop on over to MFT Blog for links to all the MFT Designers with teasers today and for all the release and prize details! Don't forget, the new release will be available at My Favorite Things on June 11th at 10 PM EST.









24 comments:

Tammy H said...

I love the card. So innovative. Great dual use of a stamp as well. Thanks for sharing.

Tracey said...

WOW!!! Incredible work Tara!!! xx

Laureen said...

WOW and WOW! A very colourful POST today from you!!! A new BLOG design! Yes I love it! Your card is FAB! A very different style from you but I like it! Interesting die-namics! Artists will LOVE this set!

Gypsy 2 said...

Wonderful examples of what can be done with this fabulous new stamp set!!!Great work Tara...you had fun.

zehra said...

Wow, these are stunningly good, I love them, you are so creative, love the abstract art

wendy said...

love the new blog...and LOVE LOVE LOVE your creative cards!!!

scrappingnana said...

Wow, love all your fabulous cards. The paint cans are very clever. Love how you created them.

Kristy Hansen said...

When I opened your site today--SMILE. Love the new look. And the cards today are amazing. I love the paint chip card. What a creative idea. Thanks for sharing your great ideas. LOVE them.

Unknown said...

Love your cards - the handmade paint strip so cleaver! Great Job!!

Kim O'Connell said...

Fun! Fun! Fun! Yep. I need that Abstract Art stamp set!

Heather Rogers said...

WOW! So very creative here. I like how you used the circles from blueprints 1 for the paint cans. Your paint strip is genius too. You are one smart cookie. ;)

Lisa Lynn said...

WOW- VERY CREATIVE!!!! They were all great!

Jodi Collins said...

You are incredible! These are SO completely creative and FUN! LOVE! Awesome new blog design too!!

Unknown said...

you did a great job on the cards. I like them. You are the last one on the design team to check out, and it is like the grand finale. Awesome.!!

Alina said...

dear lady, thank you again for the inspiration, please don't stop crafting, because you're amazing!!! I LOVE all of your cards!!!

Nancy K said...

WOW! Love them all! Great idea for the paint can!

Kim said...

WOW! I love all your cards. They are so pretty and fun.

Lizzie T a/k/a Wifelady said...

OMG these cards are awesome - I love that Abstract Art set more and more.....sigh! great job!

K. Joy said...

Paint cans! What a great idea! :) Great cards, so colorful and creative! :)

Amy said...

OMG!! You are a genius!!!! I'm so obsessed with you....stalking your blog.....lol.....but seriously.....I LOVE your style!!!!!!!

Karen Motz said...

Wow! These are all super creative! I LOVE the paint cans though!

Kimberly S. said...

Wowzers!!! These are some of THE most adorable cards I've ever seen!! LOVE, love, LOOOVE those paint can lids!!! INGENIOUS!!

Birgit said...

Your cards are amazingly awesome!!! Love the paint cans and the paint chip card. They're all great!

Anonymous said...

I am kinda speechless!!! These are amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails