November 13, 2011

My Favorite Things Stamps...WSC # 45....Knit Happens!

Photobucket
Hello stampin' friends! Hope you have been enjoying the weekend. Well, my mom and dad should be on the cruise ship, Allure of the Seas, now and setting sail for the Caribbean soon. I am just wee bit jealous but very excited for them! I hope they can manage to relax and enjoy their vacation and the spectacular ship. Chris and I went on, Oasis of the Seas, it's sister ship and it is really something to see.

So, I made a card today for the My Favorite Things, Wednesday Stamp Club Sketch Challenge # 45! I really luv this sketch and I'll be using it again for sure! I decided to ink up this super cute ALM girlie from the set Knit Happens and I teamed her up with some gorgeous papers from the new BasicGrey Little Black Dress...this is my new fave BG papers at the mo!
Photobucket
I coloured the ALM girl with my copics and paper pieced her sweater, hat and leggings. I used lots of Die-namics on this card too, The Tag from Tag You're It Die-namics and Stamp Set, which I embossed with my Argyle Cuttlebug folder, the Perfect Petal Flower Trio and the Wonky Scallop border Die-namics...love, love, love the Wonky Scallop Border. The cute wood buttons were a find at Micheals in the $1.50 bins. The polka dot ribbon was bright white so I coloured it with a Copic Marker to make the spots more of a cream colour. I added a little cotton lace trim and stamped a sentiment from the ALM Knit Happens set on a tag cut with a QuicKutz die.
Photobucket
Here is the inside...I stamped the ALM Girl again with Desert Sand Memento ink and the sentiment and XOXO are from the More Essential Sentiments set. I stamped it on a frame cut with the Well Worn Greetings Die-namics and stamped the XOXO on the Die-namics dog tag.

Well, thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my card!

Happy Stampin'!

Hugs,


SUPPLIES:
 







7 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

Super color combo Tara, love it!

Jody Morrow said...

Gorgeous card, Tara! :) Love it. I knew you'd have something amazing for me to look at on your blog today. :)

Oh and BTW, aren't you excited MFT doesn't have the S in the address anymore for easier inlinkz use. LOL

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Totally GORGEOUS Erin!!! Just stunning!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Paula (PEP) said...

Stunning use of those textile patterns in the patterned papers for the paper piecing & to enhance the whole wintery woolly feel to your creation. Love the inside & your soft combination of colours with the black.
Paula (PEP)

Acornsales said...

beautiful color combo,artistic thought, love to see these nice card.......

Jo Nevill said...

Love, love, love your card ! Absolutely stunning. You do realise you cost me a fortune everytime I look at your blog ? ;)

Huge hugs,

Jo xxx

Michele Boyer said...

So pretty, Tara! LOVE your work. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails