November 07, 2011

Just Magnolia # 131....Anything Goes....Sweet Christmas Dreams!

Photobucket
And let the Maggie Christmas card making marathon begin, lol! Well, it is that time when I go nuts and try to make way too many Christmas cards in short period of time. In previous years, I've made a ton of cards for friends, family and everyone at work but I am not sure I will be able to pull that of this year but I'll still give it a go.

I have 2 cards to share  with you today that I made on the weekend, for the Just Magnolia Challenge Anything Goes Challenge #131 with the option of pearls and lace. I have used 2 of the stamps I received in the Fall Stamp club kit. This sweet Ribbon Tilda is my fave from the Sweet Christmas Dreams collection but hard to pick just one favourite as they are all so darn cute. I coloured her with my Copics and cut the image out with my oval Nesties and inked with Tattered Rose Distress ink. The papers are Times & Seasons by Echo Park, 6x6 paper pad. I embellished with the Magnolia Doohickeys Swirl and I cut a heart with my MFT Hearts of Plenty Die-nmaics, a few Snowflakes with my MFT Snowflakes Die-namics and added a BG Nordic Holiday button.  I added some pearls and for the "lace" I used the Faux Crochet Die-namics border die, then for a little sparkle a bit of Stickles to Tilda's heart ribbon.
Photobucket

For my second card I used more Echo Park Times & Seasons 6x6 papers and used Tilda with Cross-stitched Heart. I coloured her with my Copics and cut her out using the "Out of the Box' Technique so that it looks like she is sitting on the edge of the Circle Nestie. I inked with Pumice Stone Distress ink and embellished with some flourishes that I cut with the MFT Fancy Flourishes Die-namics die and I added a sprinkling of pearls and Stickles.

Well, thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at the start of my Maggie Christmas cardmaking madness...I hope you won't get too bored with seeing all of them here, smile.

Happy Stampin'!

Hugs,



SUPPLIES:





9 comments:

nurse cupcake said...

Very nice cards Tara! I definitely have to get started on mine too.. i really like the papers you used and the sitting at the edge style cut :)

Unknown said...

Love these cards! All the papers and colors are wonderful!

Miranda Slagboom-de Groot said...

Love these cute cards.
Hugs Miranda

debby4000 said...

Oh these are so cute and gorgeous too.
luv
Debby

Paula (PEP) said...

Of these two it's the first that really excites me - that blue button with the greys, burgundies & the stunning spread of swirls going off the page is quite terrific. I especilly like your layering of the button with the snowflake & heart shapes tying it all up with the twine bow which echoes the ribbon bow on the adjacent of the image.
Paula (PEP)

Georgia said...

Wow! These are so stunning Tara! The Christmassy papers are gorgeous and I really love the cute images and lovely embellishments! :) Love, Georgia xx

Denise Gutierrez said...

what a beautiful card!!!

Mina said...

wow two total stunner Tara, beautifully designed and amazingly coloured as always...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia & hAnglar challenge this week
Mina xxx
p.s. sorry for the late comment I was having problems commenting this week better late than never though

Manon @ Kasimodo said...

Beautiful cards!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails