May 25, 2011

Simon Says Stamp Challenge...Stars and Stripes...Friends Forever!

Photobucket

Good morning stampin' friends! I hope you all had a great weekend and for my crafty Canadian friends, out there, I hope you enjoyed the extra sleep in yesterday, as much as I did!  So, today I am sharing the card I made for this week's new challenge that we have over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog. This week the challenge is Stars and Stripes....so lets see some Stars and Stripes on your card or creation in some way!!!



Once again, we have a very generous, $50 dollar shopping spree, for the Simon Says Stamp Superstore up for grabs! Just join us for this week's challenge and link your creation in the Mister Linky on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog and you could be the lucky random winner! The Simon Says Stamp Superstore is just packed full with fabulous crafty goodies and gorgeous stamps. To see what is new and just in, click the All New Just in link on the top left hand side of the Superstore website

Photobucket
For my card this week I have used For the Record Echo Park 12x12 Papers and this sweet or should I say "tweet", Pure Innocence stamp by My favorite Things called You're So Tweet! I coloured the image with my Copic Markers and paper pieced her dress with the Echo Park papers. I inked all the edges of the paper and the die cuts with my new favourite ink Powder Puff chalk ink in Amaretto. I cut the image out with my Oval Nesties and then left the image in the die and inked with Old Paper Distress ink. I cut a mat with the scalloped Oval Nestie from black cardstock and adhered the image with dimensional adhesive. I cut a border from white cardstock using the My Favorite Things Dizzy Border Die-namics Die and I cut all the stars on my card with my QuicKutz dies but you can get the same look with the fabulous Stacking Stars Die-namics set too. I stamped a sentiment from another one of the Pure Innocence stamp sets called A Cart Full of Friends on the tag and hung it from the knotted ribbon and finally I added a little red bling here and there to finish off the card.   
Photobucket
Here is the inside of my card....I stamped the PI Girlie again and used one of the sentiments that comes in the You're So Tweet stamp set

Well, thanks so for stopping by today and having a wee peek at my card! Make sure to swing on over to the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog and check out all the gorgeous cards by the Simon Says DT....then join us! We can't wait to see your gorgeous Stars and Stripes creations!

Have a Stampin' Great day!

Hugs,


10 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Tara :-) the image is adorabe and the papers and design of this is fabulous ! I real joy to admire :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Jo Nevill said...

Fabulous card Tara, just adore those papers you have used and of course you know I love PI stamps ! Fantastic !

Hope you are feeling better ?

Hugs

Jo xxx

Jane said...

This is amazing hun! gorgeous colours and I love her paper pieced spotty dress! hugs, Jane x

Heather said...

Just fabulous TG, another brilliant array of colours and doesn't she look so sweet in her black spotty dress!!!
hugs
Heather xx

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Tara,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Paula (PEP) said...

I love her black spotted dress & those shiny red shoes. The black ribbon is delightful in the way it picks up on the white spots & I really like those bordered/layeres stars. I always look forward to seeing what you do with the PI stamps.
Paula (PEP)

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Loving the papers and layout, you’re a STAR!! ;)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp

Lorraine said...

Ooh, love love your take on the stars & stripes theme! Love the colors, design and pp!

debby4000 said...

Beautiful, gorgeous card Tara and love the sweet image.
luv
debby

Georgia said...

Stunning card Tara! I love your fabulous colouring and the gorgeous colours and papers! The sentiment and image look great together and I love the gems! :) Love, Georgia xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails