May 28, 2011

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge # 80...A Stitch in Time....Thank You Fairy Much!

Photobucket
Good morning Krafty friends! Well, it was great to have a short work week! This weekend I'm going to be running around like a mad women! Hannah has 2 recitals today and 2 tomorrow. I saw her full routine last week at the dress rehearsal and I was sooooo impressed and sooooooo proud of her and all the girls in her Acro class (Acro is like a gymnastic/Acrobatics/dance). They have really done a great job with their routine!!! Well, enough chit chat...let's get to the reason you are here!!!

It is time for another fun challenge over at the Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge blog! This week the super funny and super talented Carole is the Krafty hostess! The challenge is "A Stitch in Time"...Carole is asking us to use hand stitching in some way on your card or creation! I was a little intimidated by this challenge as I don't sew well, at all....by hand or machine! But I thought I would give it a go and Carole provided a few tips so I used her suggestion and pierced the holes in my paper first using the Stampin' Up Piercing mat. I hope you can join the challenge this week! If you use a Kraftin' kimmie Stamp on your card and link it up on the KKS Challenge blog then you will be entered into the random draw to win a Roxy stamp that Carole has used on her fabby card! 
Photobucket
For my card this week I used LilyBelle...she is so sweet...just love her to bits! I made my card 6x6 from American Crafts cardstock and used this scrumptious paper from MME Stella Rose 6x6 paper called Hazel. As, I said I pierced the holes first using my Stampin' Up! Piercing Mat and then stitched with this pretty brown twine. I'm quite happy with how it turned out. Thanks, Carole, for the wee push to step outside my comfort zone and try something new!!! I coloured Lilybelle with my Copics and added in some grass and the shading around her with my PrismaColor prencils. I then stamped around the edges of the image with my Splotch Stamp in Desert Sand Memento ink. To finish the card off I added some felt flowers cut with MFT Flower and Leaf Trio Die-namics die set and Pretty Posies Die-namics set in My Favorite Felt and sprinkled a few half pearls here and there. The sentiment comes with Lilybelle!

Well, thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my card for this week's Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge! Please swing by the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps challenge blog for links to all the Krafty Girls and Krafty Guests blogs. You will be so inspired by all the gorgeous cards this week and I know you will be inspired to get out a needle and thread and added a little or a lot of hand stitching to your card!

Happy Stampin'!

Hugs,

9 comments:

Angie said...

Beautiful card. Simply stunning!! Love what you've done with all the layering, the stitching and the way it all comes together. You rock this challenge!! :) Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

What an adorable card!!!! The image is so very cute and you did a wonderful job!!!!!

Nana Diana said...

Beautiful card, Tara! Lilybelle looks fabulous and your stitching is great. Love how you've done two styles. Another Tara Triumph!! Awesome!!

Melanie said...

Gorgeous card Tara...love your hand stitching! I always love how you layer all your different elements...stunning!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Ooooh sweetie, this is simply stunning! LOVE all the stitching and those flowers are lovely! I need to find me that splotch stamp.....oh and those stitching stamps you have too......remind me to ask you again later! haha! Hugs!

Tracey said...

This is so incredible Tara!! I love this! so many amazing elements to this!! xx

Unknown said...

....Exquisite!! Xx

Christina said...

That is a stunning card Tara! Looks great!
Hugs Kristel

Sanne said...

Just love your card again! It blows me away! Love the colours of the papers, flowers and the stitching! And you used my favourite stamp!

Hugs Sanne

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails