December 12, 2012

My Favorite Things Stamps...WSC # 102...Mele Kalikimaka!!!


Photobucket
Hello stampin' friends! It's time to get Sketchy with the My Favorite Things - Wednesday Stamp Club!  I hope you can join us for this week's great sketch challenge! If you haven't joined us in while or are new to the WSC, It couldn't be easier to play along, just make a card with the sketch and upload it to SCS using the proper keyword, MFTWSC102 by Tuesday, Dec. 18th at noon EST, for your chance at our weekly prize! The lucky winner will receive a $15 gift voucher and if the winner uses MFT stamps, they will receive $5 in bonus bucks, for a total of $20!!!  Hope you can get sketchy with us this week!  


Here is the fantastic sketch that we have this week for you to try!!!

Photobucket

I hope you aren't getting sick of all my Christmas cards because here is yet one more for the pile. My daughter, Hannah, was singing this song...Mele Kalikimaka...around the house the other day and that got me thinking that my little Pure Innocence Hula Girl would make for a cute tropical Christmas card! 

I made my card base 6x6 and used my fave...BasicGrey Aspen Frost 6x6 papers...I'm in total paper LOVE!!! I have 3 pads of it so I hope you don't mind seeing it again! I coloured the PI Hula Girl with my Copics and paper pieced her tankini, cut her out and popped her up on the panel cut with my Rectangle STAX Die-namics. I pulled out one of my all time favourite flower Die-namics...the Hibiscus Die-namics and cut several flowers from Wild Cherry and Paver Red Heavyweight card stock I also cut the leaves form the Poinsettia Die-namics to add a little festive style...the leaves are cut from Sno Cone, Jellybean Green and Sour Apple Heavyweight card stock. I added the little stamens from the Poinsettia Die-namics and then layered over the center of the flower from the Hibiscus Die-namics. I then added some clear bling. I omitted the tag from the sketch...after I added all my flowers there wasn't a spot for a tag...ooppps!

Photobucket

I printed the sentiment on the computer and then cut it out with my Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics...I layered the sentiment over the flags cut with the Jumbo Fishtail Banner STAX Die-namics.

Photobucket
Here is the inside...I stamped the PI Hula Girl again in MFT Wild Cherry Premium Dye Ink on Natural Heavyweight card stock. I added a few more Wild Cherry and Paver Red Hibiscus flowers with Poinsettia leaves....the sentiment is from the PI Holly Girl Stamp set and is stamped with Wild Cherry Premium Dye Ink

Thanks SO much for having a wee visit. Please take a moment to pop on over to Kim's blog for links to all the MFT Designers with cards to share today! I hope you get some time to get sketchy with us this week!

Happy Stampin'!
Hugs,



SUPPLIES:



6 comments:

Caroline said...

I love this card the image and layout are gorgeous. Caroline xxx

Liz said...

Great take on sketch

Queen Mary said...

I love your Christmas hibiscus! How clever are you to mix and match and match and mix! Thanks for showing me the broader range - it helps me justify buying everything!

Amy Rohl said...

So FUN and absolutely adorable! Love the mix of flower petals and leaves--brilliant!

Heather Rogers said...

Oh she is so stinking cute! Love that BG paper and your Hibiscus paired with the Poinsettia leaves is genius. :)

Hugs~

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails