March 31, 2010

Whiff of Joy # 73...A Recipe Challenge...Take time to smell the flowers!


Hey Crafty friends! I hope you are having a great week! It is Wednesday and that means we are a little closer to the weekend! I am looking forward to having the extra days off as I really need to catch up on some sleep and I am looking forward to chocolate too, smile!
Well, it is also Whiff of Joy Challenges day and I have to say that I saw soooo many gorgeous cards with Bev's sketch...wow you all really out did yourselves! This week we have a recipe challenge...I always love the recipes challenges, myself...we would like to see you use 1 ribbon, 2 buttons and 3 papers...and please remember to use a Whiff of Joy image on your creation!

My card this week is rather simple...it is still growing on me, so to speak, as I 'm not so sure I like what I did here but I soooo love this sweet, sweet image!!! I'm totally in love with all the new WOJ spring Gnomes by Norma Fickel...they are absolutely darling! I especially love this one Girl and her Lamb! I'd always get a stuff animal at Easter when I was little and I got a darling stuffed Lamb one Easter, just like the one in this image, that I called Lambchop, smile.

For my card I made the base 6x6 from American Crafts cardstock and used this adorable 3 Bugs in a Rug paper called Savannah. I stamped the Whiff of Joy image on Neenah card and coloured it with my Copics, cut the image with my Nesties and left the image in the die and inked with Broken China and crushed Olive Distress inks. I added some Sakura Stardust pen and spread it around with my finger so there is just a light sparkle on the flowers and I added a few half pearls. I love this cute American Crafts ribbon and my buttons are cut out of cardstock with a QuicKutz die. The sentiment is a Kelly Panacci rub-on. I thought it went well with this image as it looks like the girl is holding the wee lamb up to take a sniff of the pretty flowers,lol!!!


Here is the inside...the sentiments is by C.C. Designs.
well, I hope you can join us this week and please go and see all the fabulous creations the Whiff of Joy Challenge DT have created to inspire you!
Have a stampin' great day!
Hugs,

7 comments:

COCO said...

Oh waouh !!
You card is very very very beautiful !!!
hugs coco

heidy said...

Hi Tara,So lovely!!!!
Hugs Heidy

Jane said...

Stunning card Tara! I love the colours, they'e so gorgeous and the little pearls in the daffodils are such a great idea! hugs, Jane xxx

Kim said...

Tara this is absolutely stunning hun! What a fantastic creation!!! You did a wonderful job on the challenge!!!
Hugs~ Kim

Cheryl Valadez said...

Oh, Tara...this is lovely! And of course, the inside of the card is a work of art, too ;D

June Nelson said...

This is just so beautiful and not overdone, love it xxxxxxxx

CraftyC said...

Your card is stunning Tara. I love these stamps and the background really shows the image. Enjoy the extra days off!!
Clairexx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails