March 14, 2010

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps...March Release Blog Hop...Wish!


Hello Krafty friends! Today Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps is releasing their new March images and we are having a fabulous blog hop to celebrate! There are 4 new incredible Fairy images from Crissy Armstrong, 4 new sexy Dancing Girls from Annie Rodrigue, and 2 adorable new Cindy and Mindy images from Jean Grant! We are also releasing one of Annie’s fabulous paintings as a stamp....it’s Angry Ballerina! You’ll get to check out all the new stamps throughout our fabulous blog hop!!

If you want to start from the beginning, just head over to the Kraftin’ Kimmie Challenge Blog! If you have come from Vicki's blog then you are in the right spot and the next stop on the list is Krafty Girl Andrea! Now, as you hop from blog to blog, be sure to leave a comment at each and every stop because some lucky stampers will win stamps from the new release!! And when you’re done hoppin’, be sure to head over to the Kraftin’ Kimmie store, because ALL the new images are NOW available! OH and did I mention? Each and every order placed on Sunday, March 14th and Monday March 15th is eligible to be entered into a draw to win a 5x7 print of Annie’s original painting of Angry Ballerina!!

For my card I used Gwendolyn, one of Crissy's exquisitely gorgeous fairy images and I have to say that this one is my fave at the moment! I think the fairies have a very Celtic feel to them and I thought this one would be great for a Celtic inspired St.Patrick's day card for my Mom and Dad! My Dad is from N. Ireland and he will definitely be celebrating on Wednesday! He plans to go into Toronto and meet up with friends...I'm sure he will be frequenting some Irish pubs, smile!
So, I made my cardbase 6x6 from American Crafts embossed Damask cardstock and used BasicGrey Origins 6x6 pp as I thought the patterns had a bit of a Celtic looking pattern and I used a co-ordinating fabric tag that I stamped the sentiment on...this sentiment comes with Gwendolyn.
Gwendolyn and her beautiful horse are stamped on Neenah card and coloured with Copics. I used the "out of the box" technique to cut the image out with my Nesties and left the image in the die and used Distress ink to colour in the background. I also added some sparkle that unfortunately, isn't visible in the pic with a clear Sakura Stardust pen and a Yellow Stardust pen was added to the ribbon around the horse...it looks very sparkly and pretty IRL! I used this gorgeous green basket weave ribbon that ties in nicely with my Celtic inspired card and some green velvet ribbon.


Here is the inside...I printed this on my computer...it says Happy St. Patrick's Day to you in Gaelic! I think my Mom and Dad are really going to like this St. Patrick's day card!
Well, thanks for stopping by and having a wee peek at my card and remember to leave a comment so that you can be entered into the draw for stamps from the new releases! Now hop on over and visit Krafty Girl Andrea!
Hugs,

48 comments:

Brandy said...

Beautiful Card!

heidy said...

Oh Wow ,Beautiful Tara!!!
Hugs Heidy

Charlene said...

Tara, this card is just gorgeous!!! Your attention to detail -- using all of the papers and accents that are Gaelic in syle -- beautiful!

1LuvnMama said...

What a beauty! Gorgeous card!

Julye said...

I really love this image and all 3 dt so far who have used he have her in a shade of green dress well bluey green but all are beautiful. Thanks for sharing Julye

Beccy said...

Another gorgeous interpretation of this beautiful image - your parents are just going to love this!
Beccy x

Heidi said...

Amazing card. Love the horse in brown! I love the inside of the card!

Kellie said...

ooooooo this is stunning, I know I most likely look like a broken record in all my comments so far but you are all so amazingly talented! I love the vintage, shabby chic feel to this gorgeous inspiration!
Hugs Kellie

Julie said...

Gorgeous card - what a perfect St Patrick's Day card - love the gaelic!! Perfect colours - all round lovely!! Juliexx

Paula (PEP) said...

It is beautifully Celtic - what super colours & what a different St Patrick's Day card. Thanks for sharing - Paula
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Michelle said...

Just Beautiful. LOVE the soft colors. Perfect!!

Jenn Joncas said...

Gorgeous card Tara!! I'm in love with the fairies too!! Your colours are great!!

Jenn (:

StampinCathy said...

WOW! This card is stunning inside and out. I just love your creative style.

Tami said...

Great job:)

Marilyn Webb said...

I love everything about this card, great job!!

Alyssa S said...

Beautiful coloring and beautiful card!

Wilfreda said...

Very pretty card.

Deb said...

stunning card Tara, so love this new image, beautifully coloured too, hugs debx

Anonymous said...

All I can say is.... WOW!!!!! Your card is absolutely fabulous!!!

Rycrafty said...

I love your wide ribbon!
My boyfriend will be celebrating on Wednesday with a Guinness or two, I'm sure. :)

Diane (djuseless) said...

Your card is gorgeous!

Lesley said...

Tara, being from N.Ireland myself, I am sure your parents will love this card (I certainly do). You've captured the image's Celtic charm beautifully - nice work!!!

Delphine said...

Beautiful card Tara! Love the colour combo and the sentiment in Gaelic! Hugs Delphine xx

Amy said...

Wowzers, this card is gorgeous!

Nic aka The Sticky Elf said...

Wow this is beautiful. I'm sure your parents will love it. I know I would!!

Nxxx

Stephanie Zito said...

Incredible card Tara! Love how you stamped on the fabric tag!

Ruth said...

beautiful card, i love the colors and it is an awesome card... good job

Michelle B said...

Great colors, love the card!

Hugs,
Michelle B.

Unknown said...

Tara...this card is just drop dead gorgeous!! I LOVE the way every little detail is just perefct!! Beautiful card Honey!! Xx

Alexandra Lundgren said...

Just gorgeous! I love that technique and really need to learn how to do it myself. It is just perfect here!

Lisa said...

Beautiful work! Gorgeous coloring!

Alaine said...

This is so beautiful! Absolutely Breathtaking!

Lisa said...

I love this!!!! Thanks so much for sharing

Vicki G said...

Beautiful Tara~~~

Esme said...

Ooh this is gorgeous - I love Crissy's image, and your Celtic inspiration is fab!
I also love the other cards you've done with the new releases!

Esme xx

Nikki said...

Just Stunning you've done this beautifully
hugs Nikki

xxxtglxxx said...

I would love to be able to make a card as beautiful as this - breathtaking! :D I wouldnt part with it tho! LOL
I love the colours on this, the artwork is amazing and the papers are gorgeous. Nothing beats a faery. xx

xxxtglxxx said...

I would love to be able to make a card as beautiful as this - breathtaking! :D I wouldnt part with it tho! LOL
I love the colours on this, the artwork is amazing and the papers are gorgeous. Nothing beats a faery. xx

xxxtglxxx said...

I would love to be able to make a card as beautiful as this - breathtaking! :D I wouldnt part with it tho! LOL
I love the colours on this, the artwork is amazing and the papers are gorgeous. Nothing beats a faery. xx

xxxtglxxx said...

ooops! :( dont know what happened above, sorry for multi posts xx

Unknown said...

This card is just gorgeous! Thanks for following my blog too!
hugs,
Gini

Tracey said...

So gorgeous Tara! The colours are stunning!

fairie said...

Wonderful card!!! Love it.

Sunny said...

FAB card!!! Love the colors you chose.

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Beautiful card! Love the Autumn colours.
Kristy xx

Jess Willison said...

Just gorgeous! Love the colours!

Renkata said...

Tara, your colouring is amaizing. This image is so precious, I love the green colour on the lady make her look very pretty and wild :)
Great work.

maddy hill said...

Beautiful colouring Tara !
hugs
maddy x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails