May 29, 2013

My Favorite Things Stamps...WSC # 126...Hey, girlie!

 photo MFTWSC126B_edited-1RS2_zpsf9f1a31f.jpg

Hey, Stampin' friends! It's time for the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club! We have a fabulous sketch for you this week! We love seeing you creations every week and it couldn't be easier to join us, just make a card with the sketch and share it with us by uploading it to SCS using the proper keyword, MFTWSC126,  by Tuesday, June 4th at noon EST, for your chance at our weekly prize! The lucky winner will receive a $15 gift voucher and if the winner uses MFT stamps, they will receive $5 in bonus bucks, for a total of $20!



Here is the fabulous sketch that we have this week!

 photo MFTWSC126_edited-1RS1_zps7e4adf01.jpg

I used the beautiful Wendy Burns Designs Cupcake Cutie...I SO adore this cutie and her little pooch too. I made my card-base 6X6 and paired Cupcake Cutie with the pretty and feminine Authentique Grace 8X8 papers.  I used the LLD Insert It - InstaFrame and Insert It - 3X4 Notepad Die-namics. I also used the pretty flower Die-namics from Blueprints 3 and the tag from Blueprints 2. The sentiment is from the More Essential Sentiments Set stamped with Steel Blue Premium Dye Ink.

 photo MFTWSC126C_edited-1RS3_zps950e5255.jpg

I paper pieced Cupcake Cutie's dress and coloured her with my Copics. I added in some dark shadows/shading with a Charcoal pencil and a blending stomp. I saw this colouring technique several months ago in a great video tutorial by Tobi from Tobi's Place. I've been meaning to try it myself and finally pulled out the Charcoal pencil that I bought to do this with and gave it ago with this Wendy Burns Designs - Cupcake Cutie. I'm stilling getting the hang of it but I really love how it looks.

 photo MFTWSC126D_edited-1RS4_zps2df9af8d.jpg

Here is the inside...I stamped a shadow image of the Cupcake Cutie in Steel Blue Premium Dye Ink on Whip Cream Heavyweight Card Stock and used the Sweet Stack and Vertical Greetings Die-namics. I added a few more flowers with Orange Fizz Buttons and stamped another sentiment from the More Essential Sentiments set. 

Well, thanks SO much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my card with this week's MFTWSC126 sketch! I hope you can join us...just make a card with the sketch and upload it to SCS using the proper keyword, MFTWSC126  by Tuesday, June 4th at noon EST, for your chance at our weekly prize! The lucky winner will receive a $15 gift voucher and if the winner uses MFT stamps, they will receive $5 in bonus bucks, for a total of $20! Now, please take a minute and pop on over to Kim's blog for links to all the MFT Designers with cards today!

Happy Stampin'
Hugs,


SUPPLIES:




7 comments:

Lisa H. said...

ooooo! I BIG puffy ♥ this! she's beautiful. great colors and embellies. LOVE the shading. I need to try that.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Miss NiceRoad said...

Love how you chose your colors, they are bright and vivid!

JoAnn said...

Love your gorgeous card with all the layers and pretty details.

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Tara!! I love it!! xx

Anonymous said...

Fun colors !!! The details are stunning !!

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is gorgeous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails