April 25, 2012

My Favorite Things Stamps...WSC # 69...Two Souls...!

Photobucket

Hello stampin' friends! I am back to share the card that I made with this week's fabulous MFT Wednesday Stamp Club Sketch! If you would like to get sketchy with us just make a card or creation following this week's sketch and upload it to the SCS using the proper keyword, MFTWSC69 by Tuesday, May 1st at noon EST, for your chance at our weekly prize! The lucky winner will receive a $15 gift voucher and if the winner uses MFT stamps, they will receive $5 in bonus bucks, for a total of $20!!! 



My co-worker asked me to make a wedding card for her boyfriend's daughter's nuptials. The wedding couple are from Calgary, Alberta and are country through n' through! She asked me if I could incorporate a country theme into the card and use the wedding colours, purple and teal. So, I put my thinking cap on and this is what I came up with.

Photobucket

I followed this week's MFTWSC69 sketch and I flipped it on its side and added a sentiment panel but I think you can still see the original layout. It was great not having to worry about the card design at least...gotta love the MFTWSC sketches for that!

I decided on BasicGrey Plumeria 6x6 papers and I wanted the card to be a little more elegant so I used a beautiful sentiment from the Clearly Sentimental about Romance stamp set for the focal. I stamped it on patterned paper cut from the Clearly Sentimental Label Die-namics. I added lots of felt Royal Roses cut from My Favorite Felt in Wisteria and Blue Skies. I cut some of them to be a bit smaller to vary the size. I had the purple tulle in my stash and it really added to the wedding theme as did the gold brads, gold hat pin and gold pearls from my stash too. To incorporate the country theme I used the Cowboy hat and boot charm from the MFT Country Charms Die-namics set.

Photobucket
Here is the inside...I used the layered Labels, Fishtail Flags, Pinking edge, Country Charms, Royal Rose Die-nmaics here too. The sentiment is from the Big Greetings Stamp set. 

Photobucket
 I was inspired by Inge's gorgeous door hanger here to make one for the newlywed couple to hang on the door on their weeding night. I thought it would be fun to make it a bit sassy too and had the perfect idea. So, I coloured up the PI Cowboy and Cowgirl with my Copics and paper pieced them. I cut them out and pop-dotted them on the door hanger which is the Wine Bottle label from the MFT Let's Toast set. I used this "Knockin' Boots" sentiment from the Twisted Sentiments set that you can find here in the Tounge in Check section at MFT

Well, thanks So much for moseying on over and havin' a wee gander at my country inspired wedding card and door hanger! Swing on over to Kim's blog for links to all the other MFT Designers with cards for the new MFTWSC69 sketch!

Happy Stampin'!
Hugs,


SUPPLIES:





8 comments:

Riet said...

What a beautiful card and tag Tara.

Hugs Riet.

Gabby said...

Super cute tag! Great coloring! :)

Kelly Schelske said...

This is fabulous Tara!

Queen Mary said...

Tara these are gorgeous! I love the bottle/door tag and had missed Inge's (not sure how!), they are so cute!

Michele Boyer said...

Your card is gorgeous, as always, Tara. But that door hangar! HOLY MOLY! I ***LOVE*** that! So creative! SO cute!! One of my favorite things you've EVER created! :)

Barb said...

Awesome--thanks for sharing

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Another jaw dropper Tara!! The card is just...wow...wow...wow!!! Such insane gorgeousness!!! And the door hanger is FABULOUS!!! So cute, sassy and fun!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Anonymous said...

Too Cute.
marilyn2222 @ hotmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails