April 11, 2012

My Favorite Things Stamps...WSC # 67...That Stinks!

Photobucket

Hey Stampin' friends! It's time to get sketchy at the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club! I love this week's sketch and I am sure you will too! Join the MFTWSC67, a great way to use your MFT stamps and Die-namics!!!

If you join us, be sure to get your entry into the Splitcoaststampers Gallery by Tuesday, April 17th at noon EST for your chance at our weekly prize and use the keyword MFTWSC67! The random winner will receive a $15 dollar gift voucher! If the lucky winner uses MFT stamps, they will receive 5$ bonus bucks, for a total of a $20!!!

Photobucket
For my card today, I inked up this super cute MFT A La Modes stamp set called It's Getting Deep! I just LOVE her to bits. I am in paper LOVE too with this new, BasicGrey Konnichiwa pad! So, I coloured up the ALM girl with my Copics and paper pieced her cute outfit, then fussy cut her out and popped her up on foam dots. I swapped out the rectangle panel in the sketch to use my OVAL STAX Die-namics...love, love, love the new STAX Die-namics!  I used my Open Scallop Border Die-namics die and cut it from both brown and orange cardstock and then inserted the negative bits from the orange die cut into the brown border die cut.  I used the Dog Tag Die-namics and stamped my fave sentiment from the It's Getting Deep set on it. I also added some Cappuccino Twinery Twine.

I have a little trick on how I tie bows on all my cards with ribbon and twine. I first saw this tip on Jennifer McGuire Ink blog many years ago when I scrapbooked. Maybe you know this tip but I just thought I would share a really easy and fool-proof way to tie a bow, without the need to call in your hubby or one of the kids to put a finger on the ribbon while you tie the bow, smile.

 First, punch a hole where you want the bow to be positioned. If you are using a thick ribbon or twill tape you will need a bigger hole for both tails to fit through. With twine punch a smaller hole so that the hole is covered by the twine.
Then feed the twine in through the hole from the back of the card.
 and pull the twine through to the front of the card.
 Now take the twine tail that is on the underside of the card and bring it around. Wrap it around as many times as you want to the back.
 then take that end and pull it through the hole too.
 Now, both tails are on the top of the card. Position either tale of the twine or ribbon on either side of the twine that is running across the length of the card.
 Now tie your bow and then trim the tails.
This is the card after and I wrapped the twine. I ended up wrapping it around twice. I hope you found this tip to be helpful!

Photobucket
Here is the inside of my card....I stamped the It's getting Deep, ALM girl again and used a sentiment from the MFT ALM Face Time stamp set.

Well, thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my card for the MFTWSC67! Take a swing on over to Kim's blog and see a list of all the MFT designers with some sketchy inspiration for you today!

Happy Stampin'!
Hugs,




SUPPLIES:





8 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

Love your card design, colors, image, papers, everything! Especially like her paper pieced outfit!

Megan said...

She's so cute! I love that you took the time to cut out the mound of dirt and paper piece her pants!

Kelly said...

great card and a fabulous tip!

Jody Morrow said...

Awesome card and GREAT TIP, Tara! :)

Bonnie said...

Love these beautiful colours and the way you interchanged the panels!!

Karen Motz said...

Gorgeous! And I love that tip about tying bows!!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Tara!! Love LOVE the colors and your design is stunning!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Lisa H. said...

beautiful card...LOVE the rich colors and your TIP is well noted...will try that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails