September 16, 2014

Reverse Confetti...September Color Challenge - In A Big Way


Hello fellow 'Fetti Fans! It is the 16th of September and that means it is time for the Reverse Confetti Color Challenge!

Here are all the Color Challenge details...
  • There will be a new Color Challenge posted on the Reverse Confetti blog on the 16th of each month. 
  • The color link list will be open from the 16th until noon CST on the 29th. The color challenge graphic will be posted in the sidebar and you will be able to click on it to get to that month’s challenge post with the link list during this time.
  • Reverse Confetti stamps are required to win. This is a way we get to thank our customers for using our stamps. Anyone is welcome to play, though! 
  • You may enter as many times as you wish. There will be a winner each month and that person will receive a $20 gift certificate to the Reverse Confetti store and claim the title of ‘Fetti Fave. The winner of Color Challenge will be posted on the Reverse Confetti blog on the 30th of this month.

http://reverseconfetti.com/2014/09/16/september-color-challenge/

Here is the dramatic colour combo for this month's RC challenge and I always love drawing inspiration from the accompanying graphic too!


 photo 0914RCCCG_edited-1RS7_zps0ee81ed4.jpg

I decided it was time to get a little inky and a lot messy ;) and tried the popular Boke Technique! This Technique is perfect for this month's colour combination, the yellow and bright pink are fun and flirty and the grey adds a real dramatic and edgy feel to it all. 

So, I pulled out my Distress inks - Mustard Seed, Worn Lipstick and Black Soot and created the colour washed background on watercolour paper. I then made my stencil with circle dies from the RC Circles 'N Scallops and Fresh 'N Fruity Confetti Cuts just cut from cardstock as I didn't have any acetate sheets around. I stencilled in the white spots with Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink and to get the small circles I pressed a juicy dauber directly to the paper.  After I was sure the background was completely dry (the next day) I stamped the sentiment from the Reverse Confetti In a Big Way Stamp set. I added some Pink American Crafts Hemp cord and a sprinkling of sparkly silver Gumdrops.

 photo 0914RCCCB_edited-1RS2_zpsefb06631.jpg

I wanted the  inside to be simple and so I just added a sentiment from the Beautiful Banners Stamp set and Beautiful Banners Confetti Cuts.

 photo 0914RCCCC_edited-1RS3_zpsd6d81f3f.jpg

I made a second card as I was having SO much fun creating the water-coloured backgrounds. This time the emphasis is on the bright yellow and I added some yellow American Crafts Hemp cord and yellow Gumdrops. Again, I stamped another pretty, scripty sentiment from the Reverse Confetti In A Big Way Stamps set.

 photo 0914RCCCD_edited-1RS4_zpsbfcde44d.jpg

I finished of the inside with the Beautiful Banners Stamp set and Beautiful Banners Confetti Cuts.

Thanks SO much for stopping by and having a little look at my cards for the Reverse Confetti September Color Challenge



   

3 comments:

Tracey said...

These are so pretty Tara!! Love the colours! xx

Amy Sheffer said...

OMG, girl, these are GORGEOUS!!!

Ella's Design said...

Such pretty cards, Tara! LOVE the inky backgrounds and CAS design! So sunny! Hugs, Lisa x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails