August 07, 2010

New BasicGrey Challenge # 25...Pearls...and a Blog Makeover!

Hey crafty peeps! Sooooo....don't ya just looooove my new blog digs!? I am totally lovin' my gorgeous new blog makeover compliments of the uber talented and oh soooo sweet, Martine! I am so not computer savvy at all and I have no idea how she makes such gorgeousness but I love everything about it...it's perfection!!! Thanks sooooooo much, hun, you totally ROCKed my blog!!!!

So, It's time for the BasicGrey Challenge and we have a fun and easy challenge for
you...PEARLS!!! The BG DT have created such beautiful cards to inspire you, so pop on over to the BG Challenges blog and then join the fun...just use some pearls and at least one BasicGrey product on your creation to be eligible for the very generous prize...a $25.00 voucher for Simon Says Stamps, our fabulous sponsor!

I made my cardbase 6x6 from American Crafts cardstock and used my Green at Heart 6x6 papers! I had to whip this card up before we left on our camping trip last week and so I used one of my Pure Innocence stamps, Make Mine a Double, from My Favourite Things. They are great when you need to make a quick card. This little PI girl is soooo cute and has a cool treat in hand...yum-o! I made the sentiment from another PI set called Lollipop Girl. This little PI girl was so quick to colour and I paper pieced her dress too! I cut the image out with my rectangle Nesties and left the image in the die and sponged the background with Distress inks. I added a few tiny pearls to her shoes and some clear glaze pen too! To embellish I added lots of pearls, some Prima flowers and this yummy ribbon that I bought at Stamping Bella a while ago and that I totally need more of,lol!

Here is the inside...I used one of the sentiments that comes in the Make Mine a Double set, a couple of flowers and more pearls!

Well, thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my card. I hope you get some time to join the BasicGrey Challenge.

Have a stampin' great day!

Hugs,

10 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi Tara, your new blog looks fabulous! And this card is gorgeous too. I love the little pearls on her shoes.

Mieke'S said...

It's beautiful!

Marja Sch said...

Wow what an absolutely stunning card. Husg Marja

Ingrid said...

Love this one. Bright colors but not screeming... Nice embellished.
Hugs Ingrid

Riet said...

So beautiful card Tara,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

CraftyC said...

Gorgeus card Tara. The colours & papers are so pretty and I love the paper piecing!
Clairexx

Renkata said...

Hi Tara,
long time didn't saw you :)
Wow great card dear, so cutie.
Love the colours of your flowers and the matching ribbon.

Chris said...

Fantastic card T! I do love the MFT little girls, they're so sweet and I love your colouring and paper piecing. Gorgeous paper choice too and all your wonderful embellies always make me sigh :D. I love your blog makeover too, Martine has such a great talent for it, it looks amazing. Big hugs, Chris xxx

Cheryl Valadez said...

You're killing me with all of these fabulous cards! I don't know where to look next...lol! Plus, the blog is looking SHARP ;D

Betty Wright said...

Tara, this is so adorably sweet and richly detailing! Beautiful card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails