March 14, 2014

My Favorite Things Stamps...WSC # 167 & CTD283...Easter Wishes!


Hello stampin' friends! We are in the midst of a kitchen remodel and today the kitchen cupboards are going in...SO exciting! My house is a total disaster with everything from the kitchen in boxes on my dining room floor. There isn't much I could do and the toxic smell of the industrial strenght adhesive that the cabinet installer is using made me flee to my craftroom to make a card. I followed along with the My Favorite Things Stamps - Wednesday Stamp Club Sketch Challenge with this week's sketch MFTWSC167! I've also used the fabulous colour swatch over at The Color Throwdown - CTD283! These colours were perfect to pair with my new Easter stamps and Die-namics from the MFT March release that arrived yesterday!

http://www.mftstamps.com/blog/stamp-and-win-with-this-weeks-card-sketch-167/

Here is the great sketch that they have this week over at MFT!
http://colorthrowdown.blogspot.ca/2014/03/color-throwdown-283.html 

I LOVE this gorgeous colour combo that they have over at the Color Throwdown!
I used MFT Heavyweight Card Stock in Steel Grey, Sour Apple, Tangy Orange and Primitive White!

  photo MFTWSC167_edited-1RS1_zpseffac7de.jpg

 I couldn't wait to use my new MFT March release goodies that arrived yesterday! I made my card with MFT Heavyweight Card Stock in Primitive White, Steel Grey, Sour Apple and Tangy Orange. I stamped the Sour Apple panel with the NEW Wood Plank Background Stamp in Sour Apple Premium Dye Ink. I then cut the frame with the large rectangle panel from Blueprints 11 and cut out the opening with the Rectangle STAX and popped it up with dimensional tape. 

  photo MFTWSC167B_edited-1RS2_zps526af3ca.jpg

I used my Fishtail Flags and Fishtail Layers STAX for the diagonal panel.  I stamped the sentiment from the NEW Easter Bunny Stamp set in Steel Grey and Tangy Orange Premium Dye Ink. I add the cute little bunny and a carrot cut with the coordinating Easter Bunny Die-namics. I stamped the bunny in Grout Grey Premium Dye Ink. I added a lasso of green twine and tucked a Mini Delicate Dollie under the bunny cut with the Mini Delicate Dollies Die-namics. Lastly, I sprinkled around a few silver sparkly Gum Drops.

 photo MFTWSC167G_edited-1RS7_zpsa41dc21e.jpg

I finished off the inside, of course...I used the Fishtail banner from the NEW Blueprins 13 and layered the cute little basket filled with eggs and carrots from the NEW Easter Bunny Stamp and Easter Bunny Die-namics over a Sour Apple circle panel stamped with the NEW Wood Plank Background Stamp. I cut the panel with the Stitched Circle STAX and layered the basket over a Mini Delicate Dollie. I stamped a sentiment on the tag from Blueprints 2 and tied it with green twine. 

Thanks SO much for stopping by and having a little look at my card for this week's MFTWSC167 and the Color Throwdown 283!



   

12 comments:

Angel said...

AWESOME job on this sketch AND color combo! Perfect details, as always Ms. T! ;)

Lisa H. said...

sweet card, Tara. love the colors and great use of those new sets.

Tracey said...

Well, this is just fantastic Tara!!! Love the colours!! xx

Alina said...

beautiful card, Tara, the inside could be the ''front'' as well, so gorgeous!

Heather Rogers said...

Super sweet Easter card, Tara. :)

Wanda Cullen said...

OMGoodness, this is such a wonderful Easter card - inside and out! LOVE it! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown! P.S. I'm getting ready for a kitchen remodel as well and not looking forward to the mess.

Vickie Z said...

Fantastic card!! Love the images and framed woodgrain background!m perfect use of the sketch and colors!! This for joining us at CTD!!

Color Experts said...

It was my pleasure to reading your blog. so thanks for this amazing posting. I will again visit your blog. clippingpath.in

Anonymous said...

This is awesome, I love the colours!

Tammy Hershberger said...

That is too stinkin' cute, Tara... inside and out! LOVE it!

Laureen said...

Pretty card! Love how you did the twine on your front and love your inside, I love it!!!

Sazzad Khan Rubel said...

Fabulous post here.Like the articles.Thanks for sharing.
Best Clipping Path Service

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails