January 26, 2014

My Favorite Things Stamps...WSC # 160...Star Student!


Hey stampin' friends! I got sketchy this weekend and made my card for the My Favorite Things Stamps Wednesday Stamp Club! I'm resolving to use up the many patterned paper pads that I have in my stash. Well I'm at it, I thought I should also try and use stamps and die-namics that I've neglected. So, I pulled out  my LLD Document It - Schools Days stamps and LLD Accent It - School Days Die-namics for the first time.

I made this card for my star student, my daughter, Hannah. She is is in grade 9 this year and 1st semester is coming to a close. She has exams this week and I'm SO proud of how hard she has been working.

http://www.mftstamps.com/blog/stamp-and-win-with-this-weeks-card-sketch-160/

http://www.mftstamps.com/blog/stamp-and-win-with-this-weeks-card-sketch-160/

Here is the fab sketch that I used but I made a few modifications along the way.

 photo MFTWSC160D_edited-1RS4_zps226241ac.jpg

I pulled out my LLD Document It - School Days,  LLD Document It - Enjoy the Journey stamp sets, LLD Accent It- School Days and LLD Border It - Numbers Die-namics for this school themed card. I made the card from MFT Replenishments Heavyweight Card Stock in Steel Grey, Red Hot, Sno Cone, Grout Grey and stamped on Smooth White.  The patterned papers are from Authentique 6X6 paper pad called Fresh.
 
 photo MFTWSC160E_edited-1RS5_zps5a095255.jpg


As I said, I made a few modifications I put the long vertical strip behind the Rectangle STAX and I turned the Fishtail Flags the other way so that they would be going the same direction as the "Star Student" stamped banner from the LLD Document It - School Days Stamp set. I stamped the "Star Student" banner and the "A+" in Red Hot Premium Dye Ink and stamped the schoolgirl icon in Grout Grey Premium Dye Ink.  The sentiments are from the LLD Document It - Enjoy the Journey Stamp set stamped in Red Hot and Steel Grey Premium Dye Ink. I cut several stars from silver glitter corrugated cardstock with the Star STAX and from Blueprints 4 and 8. I also used the Negative Dot Numbers Die-namics.

 photo MFTWSC160C_edited-1RS3_zpsc96b45ea.jpg

Here is the inside...I used the LLD Border It - Numbers and a sentiment from the Bold Statements Stamp set and stamped it with Red Hot Premium Dye Ink on a Grout Grey Heavyweight Card Stock cut with the Framed Greetings Die-namics.

Thanks SO much for stopping by and havin' a wee peek at my card for the MFTWSC160!




   

4 comments:

Tracey said...

Wow!! This is an amazing card for your daughter Tara!! So many awesome details!! xx

Jodi Collins said...

Fantastic Tara!!! LOVE the color combo, the stamps you used, and the silver glitter paper!!!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Tara...I don't even know what to say. This is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.!!! The layers, the colors, all of t he wonderfully intricate details...so mind blowingly fabulous. You are a true inspiration my friend!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Amy Rohl said...

Aack, this is so flipping awesome, T!!! I don't know where to start - love the colors, the sparkle and all of your awesome embellishments! You are the master!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails