August 07, 2011

My Favourite Things Stamps...WSC # 31....u r my Happy Day!

Photobucket

Hey  stampin' friends! I made this card today with the gorgeous sketch that they have for the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club Challenge # 31! 

I have to say making this card this afternoon was a very therapeutic little break for me. we have had a very distressing weekend. Hannah has had a severe allergic reaction to something and we can't pin point what it is exactly. I think she was either stung or bit by an insect or has got into some poison ivy or oak at day camp. Her face swelled right up and she broke out in a terrible, itchy rash all over her face, neck, chest and back. I took her to the walk-in clinic on Friday and we got some cream but then Saturday morning she woke up and was much worse and her face was so swollen, it was shocking. I took her to the hospital immediately and she is now on several medications. We are just waiting for the swelling in her face to go down. I feel so badly for her. She is so uncomfortable and the swelling around her eyes is causing pressure and pain and giving her a headache. It is starting to get better though and the meds are working.  The rash is fading and her energy and spirits are up a bit more today.  We just can't wait for the swelling in he face to go away completely and for her to back to her regular self!
Photobucket
So, for my card today I used papers from my BasicGrey 6x6 Oxford paper pad and teamed it up with this adorable little PI girl from the MFT Pure Innocence stamp set Popping By. I cut the large ticket shapes on my Silhouette Digital Craft Cutter from Kraft cardstock and stamped the image on one and then coloured it with my Prismacolor Pencils. I love the look of Pencils on Kraft paper. I have only ever done this once before so I thought I would give it a go again. I am quite happy with how she turned out. I used my new MFT  Die-namics Mini Ticket Strip Die and cut them from Kraft cardstock. I then separated them at the perforation. I stamped the sentiment from the MFT Die-namics Notched Tag Die and Stamp set on the mini tickets. I added a little pearl to the center for the flower in her hair and to her little Mary Janes with some Viva Decor Pearl Pen.

Photobucket

Here is the inside of the card....I stamped a shadow stamp of the PI Girl in Rhubarb Salk Memento ink and then stamped one of the sentiments that came with Popping By set on another one of the tickets that I cut on my Silhouette this one is a little smaller.

Well, thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my card for this week's MFT WSC challenge! 

Hope you have a very crafty week!

Hugs,

5 comments:

Julie said...

Fabulous card!! Gorgeous image and it looks so great on the Kraft!! Juliexx

Riet said...

What a gorgeoous card Tara.

Hugs Riet.xx

Paula (PEP) said...

So sorry to hear about Hannah but glad you took her to the hopsital - allergic reactions can be very dangerous so it's good to hear she's responding to meds & didn't have to be hospitalized. You take care of yourself too. Love the ticket die & your image - I too love pencils on Kraft & will have to find a source of Kraft card.
Hope you have a good week.
Paula (PEP)

debby4000 said...

Oh gorgeous, beautiful card. I do hope Hannah gets better soon, it sounds very distressing for her.
luv
Debby

Georgia said...

Ooh wow Tara, this is such a pretty card! I love how you've stamped the image onto kraft and the papers are lovely! I'm really sorry to hear about Hannah's reaction, but glad to hear she's on the mend and hope she's feeling much better soon! :) Love, Georgia xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails