August 10, 2011

My Favorite Things Creative Challenge...Fun Fold...You Rock My World!

Photobucket

Hey Stampin' friends! Well, I am very glad to report that Hannah is back to her old self, the swelling has gone down completely and she is feeling much better!

So I made this card tonight to give as a thank you to Hannah and Kieran's favourite Summer Camp Counsellor, Jello (not her real name, he, he, he)! She just so happens to be the daughter of Kieran's Godfather too. Well, I thought she would really like this sweet MFT A La Mode cutie from the set You Are Unrepeatable. The MFT DT shared their monthly Creative Challenge for August yesterday and they made cards with FUN and FANCY FOLDS! Well, I was totally inspired by all their gorgeous cards that I thought I would try a new fold for a change! I saw this fabulous step card on Erica's blog and I thought it would be perfect!

Photobucket
I teamed up this sweet A La Mode Girl with my new fave BasicGrey Out of Print 6x6 paper pad. I coloured the image with my Copics and paper pieced her cute top. The sentiment is from the You Are Unrepeatable set and I stamped it on Kraft card cut with one of the ribbon dies from the MFT First Place Ribbon Stamp and Die-namics set. I also used my Solid Bracket Die-namics and made a few flowers with the Pretty Posies Die-namics Die and added some BasicGrey Buttons to the centers. I sprinkled a little bling here and there too!

Photobucket
This is a good view of the step card and I will definitely be making this style of card again as it was so easy and I love the way it looks.

Photobucket
Here is the inside of the card and I used one of the sentiments from the MFT More Essential Sentiments set.

Thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my card!

Happy Stampin'!

Hugs,




8 comments:

Sanne said...

Wow, what a beauty! I really love this card! Great colours! I like all the flowers with the buttons! Great job!

Hugs Sanne

Christina said...

This is a gorgeous card Tara!!
Hugs Kristel

Janine - Ellabella said...

Totally gorgeous - just love everything about this card.

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Tara.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lia said...

I love it! And everything on your blog!

I like your coloring sooo much!

Would you like to be a spotlight artist on my challenge blog? I am just starting out with the challenges.

If you're interested just e-mail my sister acdsyst{at}yahoo.fr for details.

Lia

Georgia said...

Fantastic card Tara! The image is great and I love how you've paper pieced her top! The colours are gorgeous and I love those stunning flowers and buttons! :) Love, Georgia xx

Cordine said...

Stunning card! Love the colors!
Hugs
Cordine

Paula (PEP) said...

I too like this fold - hadn't seen it done this way but it's so effective. Love your colouring of her hair too. Great that Hannah is OK again.
Paula (PEP)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails