January 10, 2011

My Favorite Things...WSC Challenge...Flower Power!

Photobucket
What's happenin' crafty friends! Hope you had a groovy weekend! Well, I did! I got a little stampin' done on the weekend. I decided to play along with the MFT WSC challenge after I got some of my DT cards made up. They are getting sketchy at MFT WSC this year, every challenge will be a fabby sketch, which I think is a great idea, now there is no reason not to play along! 

So, I decided to use this cutie, A La Mode, Groovy Girl for my card! I teamed her up with my new MME papers called Alphabet Soup Girl, that I am totally in love with. I used my Die-namics scalloped scallop border die to cut the pink My Favorite Felt and I cut the pp with the Dinamics bracket edge border die. I added some crinkled seam binding and I tied the button on with my new Caribbean twine that I got from the Twinery and I just love, love, love it!!! I bought the Twine Sampler pack as I wanted all the scrumptious colours but didn't think I needed or could afford all those big spools of it, in all the glorious colours. I'm so glad that I just got the sampler pack as there is a ton of twine it...so you will be seeing a lot of this gorgeous and colourful twine on my cards!

Photobucket

Here is the inside...I used another one of the cute sentiments that comes with Groovy Girl and the Peace Out stamp is by Studio G that I got at Micheals.

Thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my card! I hope you have a groovy Monday!


Peace Out!

12 comments:

heidy said...

Hi Tara,I mised a few cards,now I ve had the time to look at them and there al gorgeous as always!!
Hugs Heidy

Renkata said...

ohhh this is very chic and cute card.

Kathy said...

Oh Tara I just adore your card!! It has all of my favorite things on it!! I just got some bakers twine as well ~ but only one color ~ thinking I may need more colors too! LOL Also your layout is beautiful and such a sweet image!!
Glad you got some play time in! I hope to today while the girls are at school and it is finally a colder day. I won't feel guilty staying it! LOL
Hope all is well and have a great day!
:)Kathy

Arlene said...

What an adorable card, Tara! Very inspiring blog you have here and LOVE the Maroon 5. hehe! :-)

Kelly Schelske said...

Super fun card Tara!! My daughter loves it too...she's all about the peace sign these days!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, adorable cute card Tara.
luv
Debby

Michele Boyer said...

What a fun card! Love the layering of scallops and ribbon at the top! Super cute inside too, Tara!

Paula (PEP) said...

That twine works so well with the patterned paper & the orange seam binding with the orange of her dress. Love the colour comination - so evocative of Flower Power too & those long lengs..........
Your border work under that seam binding is amazing.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Tara.

Hugs Riet.x

dining room table said...

This is really a very adorable card! I love the colors and the images are so cute.

sallysbitz2 said...

This is a smashing card, love the colour combo x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love all the details and layering on this pretty, pretty card!

Congratulations your project is being featured on the MFT Blog today as part of Our Favorite Finds!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails