May 09, 2009

BasicGrey Challenges # 34...Anthea's Fabulous Sketch...You are Amazing, Mum!


Hey! I'm so glad it's the weekend, aren't you!? I am also glad that it is BasicGrey Challenges day too, smile! I have been itching to share this card with you that I made using the fabulous sketch that BG DT Anthea designed for the challenge this week! I hope you can play along with us and I hope you can pop on over to the other BG DT members and see the beautiful creations, all so different, but all using this fabulous sketch!!!

So, My Mum and Dad have been in Florida at Walt Disney World this week on holiday! They get back today and I'm so excited to hear all about the trip! I just love, love, love Disney World! I wish I could have gone to see my girlfriend, Snow White! Instead I will just have to find out how she and is doing from my Mum,smile. I will go and see my Mum tomorrow to hear all about the trip and bring her this card for Mother's Day!!!

I used a lot of new stuff on this card and it was so much fun to make! I used BG Bittersweet papers as my Mum's favourite colour is red! I made the cardbase 6x6 from Bazzill cardstock and I followed Anthea's fabulous sketch! I wanted to use this Tilda as she is one of my all time favourites. I just love her little bloomers and wellies but because she has mushrooms in her apron I don't use her that often which is a shame really!!! So, I stamped Tilda on Prism Simply Smooth cardstock and made a mask by stamping her again on a post-it-note, cutting it out and placing it over Tilda, then I stamped the butterfly grass from the Chasing Butterflies collection and removed the mask! I coloured the image with my Copics markers and sponged the edges with Distress Inks. I cut out the image with my new Nesties that I ordered from The Shopping Channel!

So, I wanted to hide the mushrooms in Tilda's apron and I picked up some of this fun stuff called, Flower Soft, to do the trick! You get the best results with a PVA glue to adhere the Flower Soft. You can buy the Flower Soft glue but I used Stix2 PVA Glue and it worked beautifully. I also sprinkled on some Glamour Dust...very sparkly! When I bought the Stix2 Glue I picked up the Stix2 Transfer Foil and I used it on the little dots in the butterfly grass. I love this foil...sooo much fun and easy!

Here you can see the dimension that the Flower Soft gives to the card! I love these paper roses from the dollar store...I Shimmerized them and Tilda's wings! the metal frame I have had in my stash forever and it matched the antique gold foil I used on the image.

Here is the inside of the card....not sure how I missed that the sentiment panel was this crocked, smile, but I have since straighted it! The inside sentiments are Melissa Frances rub-ons!
So, there you have it! Thanks for stopping by and having a wee peek! Hope you can join us at BasicGrey Challenges this week and I hope you have a great Mother's Day weekend!
Hugs,

12 comments:

Nancy said...

This is stunning:O) Love your choice of paper, and fab colourcombo! Your colouring of Tilda is beautiful!!!
Have a nice weekend.
Hugs, Nancy.

CraftyC said...

Totally scrummy card Tara. Love the papers and Tilda looks gorgeous!
Clairexx

Riet said...

Wowwww Tara,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours.
So beautiful papers.

Hugs Rietx

strawberry fields said...

This is just gorgeous! love the whole thing!
Am off to order some basic grey papers :)
Love Fiona x

Fern said...

Wow Tara.
This is just gorgeous.
I love the delish BG papers.
Fab layout and attention to detail.
Lovely embellies.

Fern xx

tracie said...

Hi Tara, hope your well hun.. oh I love this one.. Tilda looks fabulous with her apron full of flower soft ~ great idea, lol.. and you've used my favourite papers too... gorgeous card hun and such fabulous details.
Have a great weekend
hugs
Tracie :)x

Bente said...

I just love your card - so beautiful colors and gorgeous details!! Thanks so much for all your lovely comments on my blog!! I really appreciate it!! Lots of hugs, Bente

June Houck said...

Your card is fabulous...inside and out! All your little added touches are wonderful...the embossed hearts, and the flowers, etc. So pretty!

Kort og Søm said...

So sweet!!
Fredrikke :o)

Jo Nevill said...

Wow, amazing as usual Tara. I love this Tilda too, she is just sooo cute. Fantastic choice of papers too, I adore the Bittersweet range.

I have some of those transfer foils sat in a box ! I haven't used them for ages and ages !

Hope your Mum and Dad had a great trip to Florida and Happy Mother's Day ! We had ours back in March.

Have a great week and speak to you soon,

Hugs,

Jo x

Chris said...

It's a real beauty Tara and I bet your Mum adored and all the love that went into making it! The glittering flower soft looks wonderful as do the little foil dots, so nice to see that in the close ups. Your colouring is so expertly done, love your shading and the soft pink around the edges. I hope you had a lovely Mother's Day too and were spoiled. Hugs, Chris xxx

Tab said...

Oh I adore these colours hun, these papers are one of my faves! Love how you have altered Tilda with the flowersoft, jsut fab! Love the inside too and all the embellishments that you have used!
Hugs Tab xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails