March 28, 2008

A Meadow of Memories



I made this sympathy card tonight for a dear friend and colleague. I wasn't sure if I could make an appropriate sympathy card using Magnolia stamps but I am very pleased with the results.

I decided that I would watercolour the stamped image using Distress inks and a water brush. I used Kim Reid's water coloured Tilda card as a starting- off point. I was inspired by her water colouring technique and her use of the Cuttlebug embossing folder on the pp, really, the whole card, as it is beautiful, love her work!

I found a great inside sentiment on a website called {Simply} Sentiments . The sentiment was perfect to go along with Tilda gathers Straw (one of my new magnolia stamps). I used some old Making Memories pp that I think I got for a make & take at a crop, it was perfect! I ran a strip of the MM Vintage Rose Bouquet Crackle pp through the swirls embossing folder and inked it and the edges. I used Bazzill cardstock for the base and matting and WorldWind Cardstock for the matting and die cut QK photo corners. I printed the inside sentiment on vellum using Wendy Medium font and placed over the MM Vintage Small Rose Crackle paper. I stamped the outside sentiment from MFT Essential Sentiments which are in the Wendy Medium font...(I love that I can match the font for the inside and oustide sentiment) and embellished with ribbon, Prima paper flowers, MM jewelled brads and added glitter here and there with my stardust glitter pen.

Inside Sentiment reads:

May all the tears
that flow from you now
Bring forth a meadow of memories
of the one you love.

2 comments:

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Very pretty, Tara! Your colouring is fabulous....I love all the yellows! Great job!

Angela said...

i agree Tara...it is hard to make a sympathy card and keep it respectful. you did an amazing job with this! much better than a store bought card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails