April 06, 2013

My Favorite Things Stamps...April Teaser Day 2...Story Titles & Mini Album Bracket STAX

 photo MFTApril6TeaerDay2C_edited-1RS3_zps8ac5ad5b.jpg
 
Hello stampin' friends! Welcome to MFT Teasers Day 2! I hope you are enjoying the NEW awesome Teaser Time format along with the NEW HUGE prizes that are up for grabs! The new release products will be available at My Favorite Things on April 9th at 10 PM EST. All the Release details are available on MFT Blog so be sure to check it out!!!

Today, I am featuring the fabulous NEW Mini Album Bracket STAX and the NEW LLD Accent It - Story Titles. First up, I have a fun Mini Album to share with you and I used several NEW soon-to-be released MFT Stamps and Die-namics! I made this album with photos of my kids on the first day of school. So, grab a coffee/tea  and join me for the Mini Album Bracket STAX tour...oh and I also made some cute, if I do say so myself, note cards too! 

***WARNING this is a long post!***

 photo April6TeaserDay2_edited-1RS1_zpsffabe4b4.jpg

 So let's begin, I cut 4 pages for the album with the largest die-namics from the NEW Mini Album Bracket STAX Die-namics. I used thin chipboard that I had in my stash and ran it through my Vagabond. I then cut the various pattern papers for the pages from the BasicGrey Knee Highs and Bow Ties 6x6 paper pad to cover the chipboard pages and adhered it with Zip Dry liquid adhesive...that stuff really sticks and doesn't warp the paper, but the fumes are migraine inducing! I then sanded the edges with my BasicGrey Precision Files and inked with Mix'd Media Inx in Jasmine (white).  I lined up where I wanted the binder clips and punched the holes in the pages of the album with my Crop-A-Dile.  On the cover I used the NEW Red Delicious Die-namics. Again, I cut it from thin chipboard and cut out the pattern paper to cover the apple, leaves and steam....love the dimension the chipboard adds! I also used the NEW Open Simply Scallop Trio Die-namics and the NEW LLD Accent It - Story Titles Die-namics...which I absolutely LOVE...SO FUN, SO many possibilities!!! I added the little tag from the Howdy Frames Die-namics and stamped the date from the LLD Journal It - Days and Dates Stamp set. I stamped the date with the NEW Factory Green Premium Dye Ink! I also stamped a portion of the sentiment "old School" from the LLD Jorunal It - Playlist Stamp set. I stamped directly on the apple with the NEW Factory Green Premium Dye Ink with a sentiment "Photos" from the NEW LLD Document It - Expand Your View Stamp set and the LLD Document It - Captured Memories Stamp set.

 photo MFTApril6TeaserDay2D_edited-1RS4_zps341ae792.jpg

Here is the first page in the album....Oh, I also cut two Tags with the Traditional Tags STAX Die-namics and cut the pattern papers to covered them. I like when embellishments and sentiments from the next page peek out behind smaller pages or tags in a mini album. Again, I punched the holes in the tag for the album with my Crop-A-Dile and I punch a hole at the top of the tag and laced through some pretty Sno Cone Grosgrain ribbon. Again, I used a NEW LLD Accent It - Story Title Die-namics and the cute little tag from the NEW Blueprints 2. It's cut from the same thin chipboard and covered with pattern paper and all the edges are sanded. I also used the NEW Laina Lamb Accent It - Reel Life Die-namics and the NEW Laina Lamb Document It - Expand Your View Stamp set. This new View-Master style die-namics is TOO CUTE for words and I had a lovely trip down memory lane when building my reels for this mini album.

 photo MFTApril6TeaserDay2F_edited-1RS6_zpsf09c94ab.jpg

Here you can see I cut the floral pattern paper cut with the NEW Mini Album Bracket STAX Die-namics, using the next size down and then layered the NEW Accent It - Story Title cut from Blu Raspberry Heavyweight Card Stock. I also added Blu Raspberry Buttons tied with Hemp Cord and stamped a sentiment from the NEW LLD Document It - Expand Your View Stamp set on a Mini File Tab with Kraft Premium Dye Ink.
 
 photo MFTApril6TeaserDay2E_edited-1RS5_zpsd570b8be.jpg

Check out my reel with the NEW LLD Accent It - Reel Life Die-namics....Nope, those aren't real little photos in the reel...but it looks like it, eh?!  I wanted to make the frames of the reel look as realistic as possible and wanted them to have that "negative-look" that the real, reels have, ha ha...say that 3 times fast! Then I had an aha moment...my creative mojo kicked in....I had a plan!

But first, I cut the reel from Natural Heavyweight Card Stock and used the NEW LLD Document it - Expand Your View Stamp set to add a sentiment with Blu Raspberry Premium Dye Ink. I also added the numbers with the LLD Journal It - Calendar Basics Stamp set and the arrows are stamped with half of an arrow stamp from the Document It - Right This Way Stamp set with the NEW Hot Fudge Premium Dye Ink.  Then to make my faux photo frames, I cut the frames from clear acetate with the NEW LLD Accent It - Reel Life Die-namics and pulled out my Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks and dusted them off.  On my Non-stick kraft sheet, I added coordinating colours of Alcohol Ink to the felt pad on the applicator tool and then had fun dabbing the ink on each little acetate frame to get that mottled "negative" look that I wanted. I then adhered the frames with Score tape and cut another reel as a backing. I think it looks pretty darn cool and pretty realistic too!!!!

 photo MFTApril6TeaserDayG_edited-1RS7_zps2b628144.jpg

This is the other side of the tag...here I used the NEW LLD Document It - Hello My Name Is Stamp set.  First, I cut the "label" from Smooth White Heavyweight Card Stock with the LLD Insert It - 3X4 Insert Die-namics. I then stamped the NEW LLD Document It - Hello My Name is label with Sno Cone Premium Dye Ink. I just had to spell out my son's name...the poor kid can never find a personalized pencil or key chain. I used the Vanity Plate Stamp set with the gorgeous NEW Orange Fizz Premium Dye Ink. I also added a little arrow from the Lead the Way Die-namics. 

 photo MFTApril6TeaerDay2I_edited-1RS9_zps946acf84.jpg

On this page, I stamped a sentiment from the Vanity Plate Stamp set on the Mini Tab from the Mini Tab Foursome with the NEW Orange Fizz Premium Dye Ink. The word "awesome" is stamped with Kraft Premium Dye Ink and is from the NEW LLD Document It - Hello My Name Is stamp set. I added a Kraft Button tied with hemp cord.

 photo MFTApril6TeaserDay6J_edited-1RS10_zps71691a90.jpg

For this page, I  made a pocket to add in a little hidden journaling spot...I made the pocket from Gumdrop Green Heavyweight Card stock and cut with the LLD Insert It - 3X4 Pocket. I then cut the LLD Insert It - 3X4 Insert from Smooth White Heavyweight Card Stock and stamped it with LLD Journal It - Library Card Stamp in the NEW Hot Fudge Premium Dye Ink. I then clipped a photo of Kieran on the library card. I did a little stamping on the pocket with the NEW LLD Mod Borders Stamp set. I added the grade with the NEW Bottom Line Numbers and Symbols and the By the Letters Uppercase and Lowercase Alphabet Die-namics cut from Steel Grey Heavyweight Card Stock. 

 photo MFTApril6TeaserDay2K_edited-1RS11_zpsf920a7a8.jpg

I made another reel with the NEW LLD Accent It - Reel Life Die-namics and the NEW LLD Document It - Expand Your View Stamp set. I made it the same way as the other one...this time stamped in the yummy NEW Orange Fizz Premium Dye Ink...still can't get over how cute the faux photo frames are and they look so  realistic...and so easy to make too! Can you see the Gumdrop Green peeking out from the tag...that is cut the LLD Insert It - 3x4 Insert from Gumdrop Green to back the Name tag on the other side so that it looks nicer/finished that way.

 photo MFTApril6TeaserDay2L_edited-1RS12_zps5f56ad3a.jpg

This is the other side of the tag...this is Hannah's name tag. Again, I used the NEW LLD Document It - Hello My Name Is Stamp set stamped with Wild Cherry Premium Dye Ink and stamped her name with the Vanity Plate Stamp set with Gumdrop Green Premium Dye Ink. I tied Gumdrop Green Grosgrain ribbon through the tag.

 photo MFTApril6TeaserDay2N_edited-1RS14_zps6cc36094.jpg

On this page, I added another Insert It - 3x4 Pocket cut from Blu Raspberry Heavyweight Card Stock, added a little stamping with the NEW LLD Mod Borders in the NEW Hot Fudge Premium Dye Ink and added her grade with the NEW Bottom Line Numbers and Symbols and By Letters Uppercase and Lowercase Alphabet Die-namics.  There is also another Library card under the photo of Hannah and I cut the rounded mini file tab from the Mini Tab Foursome from chipboard. Then covered it with pattern paper and stamped the sentiment from the LLD Document it - Right This Way Stamp set. It's all layered over a Open Scallop Doily cut from Lemon Drop Heavyweight Card Stock.

 photo MFTApril6TeaserDay2O_edited-1RS15_zps7f78d80c.jpg

And these are the last 2 pages in the mini album....

 photo MFTApril6TeaserDay2P_edited-1RS16_zpsd1aabcf6.jpg

On this page,  I used another one of the fantastic NEW Accent It - Story Titles but I cut off the portion that said "week". I used the thin stitched border from the NEW Blueprints 2 Die-namics.  The word "day" is from the NEW LLD Document it - Expand Your View Stamp set stamped on Sno Cone Heavyweight Crard Stock and layered over the Stitched circle from the Blueprints 1 Die-namics. I stamp the word 'Day" with the NEW Hot Fudge Premium Dye Ink. I also used the LLD Accent It - Story Starters Die-namics layered over the photo. I tied a little hemp bow and added a Enamel dot.

 photo MFTApril6TeaserDay2Q_edited-1RS17_zps4d695513.jpg

And finally, I used the LLD Insert It - Notebook Paper Die-namics and stamped it with the LLD Journal It - Graph Paper Notes Stamp set. I also stamped the sentiment from the Vanity Plates Stamp set on the Mini tab from the Mini Tab Foursome Die-namics and stamped the sentiments from the NEW LLD  Document It - Expand Your View Stamp set on the Fishtail Flag. I added some Razzle Berry Buttons tied with hemp cord and another corrugated cardboard photo corner cut with the Photo Corner Die-namics

Phew....are you still with me?! Don't go quite yet, I still have a few more note cards to share using the NEW LLD Accent It - Story Titles and the NEW Mini Album Bracket STAX. I hope you can spare a few more minutes :)

 photo MFTApril6TeaserDay2S_edited-1RS1_zps7805cf1f.jpg

I wanted to show you how versatile the NEW Mini Album Bracket STAX and LLD Accent It - Story Titles are...if you aren't a scrapbooker or not up to making a mini album you will still get lots of use from these fabulous NEW Die-namics. I paired them with the NEW Chocolate Sentiments (this month's Triple Scoop)!

I cut 4 note cards with the largest of the dies in the NEW Mini Album Bracket STAX Die-namics. I scored and folded Sweet Tooth Heavyweight Card Stock and then ran it through my Vagabond with the Mini Album Bracket Die-namics. I made sure to line up the die so that it was above the fold, making sure not cut through the folded edge...Voilá...a Bracket Edge Note card! My note card set was inspired by my favourite chocolate/flavour pairings. So, I picked my MFT Replenishments Heavyweight Cardstock accordingly...First up, I LOVE chocolate and raspberry. I cut the Razzel Berry Heavyweight Cardstock with the NEW Mini Album Bracket STAX Die-namics and then I lined up the NEW LLD Accent It - Story Title on the Razzle Berry Heavyweight Cardstock, held it in place with low-tack tape and ran it through my Vagabond and trimmed it with my glass mat, Finger Grip Kraft Knife and metal edged ruler.  I then stamped with Razzle Berry Premium Dye Ink with the NEW LLD Mod Borders Stamp set. I stamped the sentiment "sweet" from the NEW Chocolate Sentiments with Pink Lemonade Premium Dye Ink on Smooth White Heavyweight Card Stock and cut it out with the stitched circle from the Blueprints 1 Die-namics. I added a sprinkling of pink gems and tied a hemp bow.  

 photo MFTApril6TeaserDay2U_edited-1RS1_zpsf9f19a30.jpg

Here is the inside...I cut the sentiment panel with the NEW Mini Album Bracket STAX and then cut a smaller thin mat for it by cutting around the outer edge of the die with my Kraft Knife on a glass mat. I stamped another sentiment from the NEW Chocolate Sentiments Stamp Set on Smooth White Heavyweight Card Stock with Razzle Berry and the NEW Hot Fudge Premium Dye Ink. I popped the panel up on foam adhesive.
 photo MFTApril6TeaserDay2V_edited-1RS1_zps1609352f.jpg

I LOVE chocolate and orange...Yum! I cut the Hot Fudge Heavyweight Card Stock with the largest die from the NEW Mini Album Bracket STAX Die-namics and the lined up and cut the NEW LLD Accent It - Story Title Die-namics. I used my glass mat, Finger Grip Kraft Knife and metal edged ruler to trim off the top portion which leaves the die cut sentiment attached to the larger portion of the cardstock. I then adhered it over the Sweet Tooth note card. But first, I stamped the sentiment and NEW Mod Border Stamp Set with Embossing ink and embossed with Zing White Embossing powder. I wrapped and tied the hemp cord into a double bow. I stamped the heart with the NEW Orange Fizz Premium Dye Ink on the Smooth White Heavyweight Cardstock cut with the Solid portion of the Layered Heart Border Die-namics. I used the "cut and re-cut" technique to get a single heart cut perfectly. I then popped it on the card with a sprinkling of orange gems.

 photo MFTApril6TeaserDay2X_edited-1RS1_zps84b42fcb.jpg

Here is the inside.
 photo MFTApril2TeaserDayY_edited-1RS1_zpsd05724dd.jpg

Here I used Orange Fizz Heavyweight Card Stock and embossed the sentiment and the NEW Mod Border with Chesnut Zig Embossing Powder.  I added a Hot Fudge Button with Hemp Cord. I wanted the Mod Border to match the solid arrows in the sentiment from the NEW Chocolate Sentiments so I stamped it and the shifted the stamp over and stamped it again and then added the Chesnut Zing Embossing Powder...now they are all solid arrows.

 photo MFTApril6TeaserDay2a1_edited-1RS1_zps9ea35231.jpg

Here is the inside...I used the Fishtail Flags STAX and stamped the sentiment in NEW Hot Fudge Premium Dye Ink and cut an Orange Fizz heart with the Heart STAX Die-namics and popped it up with dimensional adhesive. 

 photo MFTApril6TeaserDay2b1_edited-1RS1_zpsb6bb54e4.jpg

Here is the last one...this card is inspired by my fave Cool Mint chocolate bar from Laura Secord's :) delicious...and I like that this sentiment is a little cheeky! I used Sno Cone Heavyweight Card Stock and stamped the NEW Mod Border with Kraft Premium Dye Ink and added a Kraft Button tied with Hemp cord. I used the Well Worn Greetings Die-namics and stamped the sentiment from the NEW Chocolate Sentiments on Smooth White Heavyweight Card Stock and added a few brown half-pearls to finish it off!

 photo MFTApril6TeaserDay2c1_edited-1RS1_zps40fed840.jpg

and here is the inside....this sentiment is from the Lollipop Additions - Birthday Stamp set and stamped with the gorgeous NEW Hot Fudge Premium Dye Ink!

Well, thank you SO much for sticking with me to the bitter end...I know that was a long one! Please take a few minutes to visit Kim's blog for links to all the MFT Designers who are previewing NEW Stamps and Die-namics today!  Remember, The new release products will be available at My Favorite Things on April 9th at 10 PM EST. All the release details are on the MFT Blog!

Happy Stampin'!
Hugs,

SUPPLIES:








46 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

wow, these are all so fabulous, I love the mini albums and the great designs.

Jackie Pedro said...

O.M.G. Tara, your mini book is OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! Awesome! I have also been oogling your cards for the last few days! Outstanding work!!

Linda McClain said...

Oh Tara, I love, love, love what you did with the reel die. So gorgeous! Well, all of your projects are gorgeous, but that reel knocks me over.

Kathy Straw said...

Such a beautiful mini album! Love how you used all the die-namics on the album.

Paula S. said...

Using the mini album die for the shaped cards is really clever but your mini album is just amazing! The effect you managed to creat in your viewmaster reel is so real looking I just cannot get over it and such wonderful details on every page. Wow!

Megan McDonald said...

Great mini album, love how you have made the card

Kim O'Connell said...

Seriously?! That reel a A-MAZ-ING! I can't stop looking at it! So cool! Your mini album is oozing with creativity! You're so talented!

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

What an awesome mini album and great job making those reels look real!

Karen Motz said...

OMG Tara! Your album is fabulous and I love the fun notecards!

Cindi said...

Beautuful!

Tracey said...

Wowzers Tara!!! Your mini album is incredible and those notecards are just awesome!!! You have outdone yourself again!! xx

Diana Soling said...

WOW!!! Amazing work!!

wendy said...

*GASP* wow Tara so beautiful and CREATIVE...LOVE your REEL ....how genius...and your cards were fantastic!

stampingbowd said...

Stunning!!!! I had to take a closer look right away when I saw your view master reel! You are so clever!!!! They look REELY REEL!!!! Your pages are amazing. What fun memories! Your cards are beautiful! Another fun use for the album stax!!!

Heather Rogers said...

OMGoodness! You were one busy girl this last month. Your mini album is amazing. Love how you used the alcohol inks. The cards are too cute as well. Fabulous, Tara! :)

Gypsy 2 said...

What a fabulous way to show case such lovely photos.This post of your Tara is first class.

Unknown said...

The mini album is great!! Love your cards made from the mini album die. Great JOB!

Liz said...

So stinking cute love the variety

Sherrie said...

My Goodness!!!! I was swooning all over your album and then those cards!!!! Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Honey, your album is amazing, I love it! And your cards, oh so yummy!

Kimbo said...

WOW, those reels do look real!! I love them!! You are uber talented!! Thanks for sharing!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Holy moley, I don't know where to begin! EVERYTHING is incredible, Tara! The album is beautiful... makes me wish I took more pictures! And the chocolate-themed cards are fabulous!

Ravengirl said...

Wow, I really love the cards you made with the mini album dies. Great use of the die cut sentiments too!

Cyndi said...

Your mini leaves me speechless and you sure proved that you can't go wrong with chocolate.

Dawn Darlene said...

As usual, love you stuff (thats why I follow this blog!)

Angel said...

Wow! Adore that mini album! And your cards all made me giggle - "I love you more than chocolate"! Awesome!

Jacqueline Valade said...

What a fabulous project! You did a fantastic job - love it. And yes, you little view finder images do look realistic.

g said...

over the top amazing projects! LOVE LOVE them all! incredible mini album- every detail is so fun!

Inge Groot said...

Your mini album is totally fabulous Tara, what a sweet treasure to keep! Love your cards too, very inspiring!!!

Leslie said...

Fantastic album and I LOVE the way you make your reels so realistic - awesome!! Those 'chocolate' cards are sweet too!

Christina Fischer said...

Girl, you are AMAZING! There is so much eye candy here!! Love, love, LOVE these projects!

Denise Bryant said...

Fabulous mini album! The viewfinder die is another at the top of my list! So many great details in your album!

Letty Abad said...

Awesome album. I love it!!!!!

Joann said...

LOVE your album! Love all of your layering work in the album!!

zehra said...

OMG, love your album and all the layers, your viewfinder is so awesome, and love the note cards, gorgeous work

Tammy H said...

Your album is fantastic. All the detail is amazing. Love the cards as well. Would like to see a picture of the die placement to create the card using the mini album page die. Having a hard time visualizing how it would work if you move the die down below the fold. Do you only run it part way through? The cards are beautiful and would love to recreate the technique. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Alina said...

Tara, I'm speechless, everything is just stunning!!!

Lisa H. said...

THAT mini album is over the top!!!! i love what you did. There are sooo many details I think I need to go back and look at it again and again, and again! love the colors you used. perfection. AND if that wasn't enough....your cards are just as darling!

Michele Boyer said...

FABULOUS album!!!!! And super cute cards! I always love your designs. :)

Debbie Carriere said...

A-mazing album!!! Seriously there are so many details, it is just beautiful!! Love that film reel - genius idea! And loving that set of notecards, too!!!

Dana L Cheney said...

OMGosh, this is un believable, love your mini album and as if that wasn't enough the cards using that dynamic was so clever. thank you for that tip of aligning it above the fold so you can make a card how clever is that! I can't wait to get my hands on it now. Thanks for sharing! Oh and the alcohol coloring on your view finder wheel, brilliant!

Amy Rohl said...

Tara, Tara, Tara!! The album is seriously BEYOND amazing...all of your detail....you're a creative genius, girl! Love the combo of story titles and chocolate sentiments, never would have thought to combine them!! You area my hero!

Amy said...

AS ALWAYS TARA......AMAZING!!!!!

Natalie said...

Sweet chocolate cards!!! Adorable mini album.

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

What a Beautiful & Precious Album. You did a great job on this and love the CAS look on your card. Great Job!

Sarah Gough said...

Your album is just drop dead gorgeous!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails