April 08, 2020

My Favourite Things....MFTWSC483 and CTD587...Heartfelt Thanks!


Hello stampin' friends! I spent the weekend #stayinghome and getting crafty! I made these sweet cards with the MFT Birdie Brown Free Digital Download that they have available on the MFT blog. Theses Birdie Brown stamp sets and sentiments are SOOO sweet!!! I used the fabulous colour combo over at the Color Throwdown # 587 and used the MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge # 483

Love this great sketch and used MFT Heavyweight Cardstock in Kraft, Bubblegum, Spearmint and Steel Grey 




I recently got a new printer and I wasn't sure if the ink would be compatible with my Copic markers so when I downloaded the free Birdie Brown digital images it was a chance to test it out. I had my fingers crossed!

I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't have any problems with the printer ink smudging or bleeding with my new HP Officejet 3830 printer. I printed this image on Neenah Classic Crest Solar White cover stock and coloured this sweet nurse from the the MFT Birdie Brown Call the Shots digital download and cut out a sentiment too. I stamped the tiny open heart from the Reverse Confetti Unicorn Wishes on the nurses' chart and coloured in the image with my Copics.


For this card I used the Rounded Banner STAX Die-namics for the arched panel that the sketch calls for and I created a window. I also used the two different nesting sizes in the STAX set to make a frame from Kraft Heavyweight Card stock. I stamped a background with the Make Your Mark Background Stamp with Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide Ink on Smooth White Cardstock.  I embellished with some twine and sparkly YNS gumdrops.  


I finished the inside of the card too. I simply used the positive die from the Rounded Banner STAX Die-namics and made a tag. I layered another sentiment too. 


I made a second card with the same layout with the Birdie Brown Super Hero in Scrubs Digital Download. I fussy cut the images out and popped him up on the Rounded Banner STAX Die-namics window. I used the Make Your Mark Background stamp again (love it) with Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide Ink.


I embellished with some hemp cord and a sprinkling of YNS pink gumdrops. I stamped a heart on his chart too.


And I finished the inside of the card too. I simply used the positive die from the Rounded Banner STAX Die-namics and made a tag. I layered another sentiment too. 
Thanks SO much for stopping by and having a little look at my cards for the MFTWSC438 and the Color Throwdown # 587 with the MFT Free Birdie Brown Digital Downloads that are on the MFT Blog.  
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails