August 27, 2017

La-La Land Stamps...CTD457 & CAS(E) This Sketch # 236...You're a Class Act


Hello stampin' friends! I made some time today to get crafty, colour up this darling La-La Land Digi stamp - Reading Marci and play along with a couple FUN challenges! I made this card with the pretty colour combo over at the Color Throwdown # 457 and I followed the sketch that they have over at CAS(E) This Sketch # 236


I used MFT Heavyweight Card stock in Pink Lemonade, Banana Split and Grout Grey 


I LOVE this sketch that they have over at CAS(E)This Sketch! CAS is not my go-to style but I really tried to keep this card simple...at least it is simple in my books! 

 photo CTD457_edited-RS1_zpslu64wdd1.jpg
I finally did some inking with the Distress Oxide Inks that I recently bought on Strathmore Bristol Artist paper. Using the Bristol paper was highly recommend by Laura Bassen over at laurafadora in this video.... it is a GREAT tip for effortless blending! I used Worn Lipstick and Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide ink and the sprinkled, flicked and dripped on some water for a few little water droplets. 
 photo CTD457C_edited-RS5_edited-1_zpsv3f9ppen.jpg

I coloured up Reading Marci with my Copics, cut the image with the Zig Zag Stitched Rectangle Sugar Cuts from SugarPea Designs. I left the image in the die and inked with Spun Sugar Distress ink then matted it with Grout Grey Heavyweight Cardstock. The sentiment is from the Reverse Confetti Class Act Stamp set and stamped on Reverse Confetti Polar White Cardstock with Versafine Onyx Black Ink. I tided the tag with Hemp cord and added a little sprinkle of sparkly gold YNS Gumdrops.  

 photo CTD457D_edited-RS4_zpskj4fouj4.jpg

I finished off the inside of my card too....I printed another digi image of Reading Marci as a shadow image and then stamped the sentiment from the Reverse Confetti Shine from Within Stamp set on a tag cut with MFT Traditional Tag STAX Die-namics. I used the "cut and re-cut technique" to shorted the tag. 
Thanks SO much for stopping by and havin' a little look at my La-La Land Stamps - Reading Marci card for the Color Throwdown # 457 and CAS(E) This Sketch # 236

2 comments:

Lori said...

This is just adorable! Love your distress oxide background panel and fabulous coloring. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Broni said...

This is so cute and so perfectly colored, Tara!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails